The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What Podcast Are You Listening To?

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
So I think this whole Podcast thing is catching on! 🤪 And I am always on the lookout for some interesting podcasts. Anyway...list out the podcasts that you listen to...or maybe want to listen to and just haven't got around to it yet. I'll get the ball rolling!

Here are the podcasts that I routinely listen to:

• The British History Podcast
  • The Drive by Peter Attia
  • Ben Greenfield Fitness
  • Paleo Magazine Radio
  • The Keto Answers Podcast
  • The Doctor's Farmacy with Mark Hyman M.D.

Next is a list of podcasts that I listen to when a topic interests me:

• Our Fake History
  • 10% Happier with Dan Harris
  • Jocko Podcast
  • Found My Fitness with Rhonda Patrick, Ph. D.
  • The Tim Ferriss Show
  • The Joe Rogan Experience
  • Revolution Radio with Chris Kresser
  • Shrugged Collective
  • Mastering Nutrition with Chris Masterjohn
  • Bulletproof Radio with Dave Asprey
  • Primal Blueprint Podcast
  • Fat Burning Man with Abel James

And one that I have been dying to get to that I just haven't yet:

• Hillbilly Horror Stories

Anyway...so what are you listening to!

Hillybilly Horrow Stories huh? Have to check that one out.

TWIT (This Week in Tech)
I'll Drink to That
Reveal
Reply All
County Squire Radio
Pipes Mag
Guild of Sommeliers
Ear Hustle
Backseat Rider

I listen to the Terry and Jesse show each day.

To be honest...I haven't heard of any of those...but I am kind of a new comer to the Podcast scene. I need to check out some of those!

TWIT (This Week in Tech) - In depth weekly discussion of all manner of tech, tech companies privacy, etc. Nerd stuff.
I'll Drink to That - wine
Reveal - Investigative reporting. You might really like this one.
Reply All - Investigative reporting with more of a pop flair
County Squire Radio - pipe and tobacco
Pipes Mag - pipes and tobacco
Guild of Sommeliers - wine
Ear Hustle - about and produced by prisoners
Backseat Rider - journalist turned Lyft driver that asks his riders about a different topic each week

My top five are:
Hello Internet
Unmade
No Dumb Questions
Futility Closet
The Memory Palace
Sweet! More to check out!

I do some travel each month for work where I am driving for hours. Podcasts keep me sharp and sane! Thanks all for sharing!

I don't listen to many (any) podcasts on a regular basis because I can't figure out how all that stuff works. I did finally find a podcast I liked and eventually figured out how to get the historical recordings to play in order so I could get caught up ..then he put the podcast on hold and my heart broke, waving me off podcasts forever. What is this podcast that I fell in love? Mike Rowe-the way I heard it. He did a series of short podcasts lastings about 10-15 minutes each and they were a lot of fun. He describes them as being people with a short attention span...in other words for people like ME.

I don't listen to many (any) podcasts on a regular basis because I can't figure out how all that stuff works. I did finally find a podcast I liked and eventually figured out how to get the historical recordings to play in order so I could get caught up ..then he put the podcast on hold and my heart broke, waving me off podcasts forever. What is this podcast that I fell in love? Mike Rowe-the way I heard it. He did a series of short podcasts lastings about 10-15 minutes each and they were a lot of fun. He describes them as being people with a short attention span...in other words for people like ME.
I'd like to comment, but I stopped reading about half-way though...
I read all the way and think we are very similar @CBLindsay I've still avoided any podcasts and holding........

I read all the way and think we are very similar @CBLindsay I've still avoided any podcasts and holding........
See, it was an attention span joke...

I'm surprised you're not into podcasts. Would be able to listen to a mess of them while you're working. Maybe I'll start one just for you.

He should be back soon.

Sucks that you found something that you like and then it's no more. It happens sometimes. What I like about podcasts is that you can literally find a topic on ANYTHING. History, politics, relationships, conspiracy theories, health and fitness, current events, sports, literature...etc, etc, etc. There are even podcasts that are basically an audio book, just releasing a new chapter each week or every few days. I do understand that it's not for everyone though. I basically only listen to them in the vehicle on my way to work or coming home. I have about a 45 minute trip each way. I also listen to them on my road trips for work.

Anyway...I am sure your podcast will be back online in no time!

I have listened to The Drive with Peter Attia

Also The Survivalist Podcast, which is interesting. It deals with horticulture, bugging in and all kinds of things. Not really zombie apocalypse stuff, more “in the event of a natural disaster” kinda thing.

Back