The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

WHAT - No love for Chiseled Face !!!!!!!!!!!

Dave in KY

Shave Newbie
My absolute favorite soap and Aftershave is Ghost Town Barber. I know some don't care for it but I go Bonkers over it. Their Aftershave gives me a better post shave feel then anything else I've tried. So what does a guy do when he sees he's down to 60 % of his favorite?? He orders more of course but might as well fill the box up......................................

Nice haul! Chiseled Face gets lots of love around here. So much so that when a group shaving brush was made for Legacy members, many of us chose GTB for the inaugural shave with it.

Nice haul! Chiseled Face gets lots of love around here. So much so that when a group shaving brush was made for Legacy members, many of us chose GTB for the inaugural shave with it.
Thanks, Guess I need to read around a little more to come across that.
1f44d.png

GTB is an amazing scent. I like Sherlock almost as much, though that is definitely a seasonal scent lol.

Great feedback!

GTB seems to almost be a requirement around here,with all the folks who use it!

Not a fan of sherlock or summer storm. But I really enjoy GTB and Trade Winds.

I'm an oddball I think. I really like the summer storm. Actually, didn't I get that from you in a trade Chad?

It gets no love from me, at all! I tried the sampler of 9 different aftershaves, and pretty much disliked all of them. Tried 1 soap sample, and wasn't terribly impressed.

But if you think GTB gets no love on the forum, then you haven't been reading back posts. Tons of talk about it.

Yup, lots of love for GTB. I personally am not a fan of GTB, but I do like Cedar & Spice and Orange Creamsicle.

I'm an oddball I think. I really like the summer storm. Actually, didn't I get that from you in a trade Chad?

According to my Excel spreadsheet it left my den via BST. I'm pretty sure that was with you

GTB and Summer Storm are great scents, for me! Summer Storm is going to be an upcoming purchase to join GTB and Santa Paula.

Just for posterity sake...today's SOTD

GTB and Summer Storm are great scents, for me! Summer Storm is going to be an upcoming purchase to join GTB and Santa Paula.

Just for posterity sake...today's SOTD
Nice picture. I went thru all the samples. I was on the fence with Santa Paula and couldn't decide. Maybe next order. On a side note I went thru looking at SOTD pics and NO WAY can I capture shots like you guys. I'd be to embarrassed to put my cell phone pics in the same thread as y'all !!

Nice picture. I went thru all the samples. I was on the fence with Santa Paula and couldn't decide. Maybe next order. On a side note I went thru looking at SOTD pics and NO WAY can I capture shots like you guys. I'd be to embarrassed to put my cell phone pics in the same thread as y'all !!

Post them up. Mine are just cell phone shots.

I haven't posted many in the last couple of months, but I've used my phone for all my pics for some time. If you want some tips to make them a little better, there are plenty of people around here who can help you clean them up a little.

A few questions.

Nice Jerry Stark! Is it a bellied full hollow? Do you like it? Did it come with a good edge and does it keep a good edge?

What does Ghost Town Barber smell like? I generally dislike leather scents and anything that smells like campfire smoke. Would I dislike GTB? I thought Cuero Oscuro was one of the worst shaving soap scents I had every smelled. Does GTB smell like Cuero Oscuro?

A few questions.

Nice Jerry Stark! Is it a bellied full hollow? Do you like it? Did it come with a good edge and does it keep a good edge?

What does Ghost Town Barber smell like? I generally dislike leather scents and anything that smells like campfire smoke. Would I dislike GTB? I thought Cuero Oscuro was one of the worst shaving soap scents I had every smelled. Does GTB smell like Cuero Oscuro?

Thanks Randall!

So first, on the Stark. It is indeed a full bellied hollow with a slight smile and french point. (muted like the Wacker Chevalier) The edge that Jerry put on it is going strong on ~12 shaves now or so, and doesn't look like it's going to need a refresh for a while.

On the GTB...the best way I can describe it is a barbershop forward scent with a pretty heavy influence from leather and gunsmoke, that give it a very old west town type feel. The way I described it in my video is that you walk into a barbershop where someone has just popped off a couple of rounds and someone smacks you in the face with a leather saddle. It's not an overpowering leather scent by any means...definitely barbershop, but a very unique take on the barbershop theme.

Haven't tried or smelled Cuero Oscuro, so I wouldn't be able to compare the two. Honestly, out of all the scents in my den, it's one of the more unique scents.

My description of GTB “Like being kissed by angel wings in the middle of a gunfight “. Ron the owner even asked if he could use it!

Back