The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is your most unique shave?

Probably this one.

G6fh8aql.jpg

Because...duh...Tabacaveg! Nectar of the gods, that stuff.
This puts you in the same line of crazy as Barber Dave! 😂

Did you watch all the stunt shaves I posted yet? A few of us did the Blindfold shave and the DEvette shave.

Also search the video section for "Stunt" shaves, there's lots of other stuff we did. I just though those 2 were the most worthy of inclusion.

Did you watch all the stunt shaves I posted yet? A few of us did the Blindfold shave and the DEvette shave.

Also search the video section for "Stunt" shaves, there's lots of other stuff we did. I just though those 2 were the most worthy of inclusion.
I did! I’m not sure which is crazier - the DEvette or the blindfold. although the outdoor one - you were on a kayak so balance was difficult! I’m impressed. I think I could pull off the speed shave if I used my Rockwell -although the Vector would be good for that as well

I did! I’m not sure which is crazier - the DEvette or the blindfold. although the outdoor one - you were on a kayak so balance was difficult! I’m impressed. I think I could pull off the speed shave if I used my Rockwell -although the Vector would be good for that as well
The secret to a lot of these challenges is muscle memory. That just comes with practice and experience. As soon as you get to the point where you can repeatedly shave without thinking about angle or pressure and you can just shave on autopilot, then you can do just about anything weird with your shave and be just fine. The other side to that, is you need experience with a vast array of different razors, so that you can easily switch from one razor to the next and automatically adjust to what that razor needs (like holding at a slightly different angle), and then letting your muscle memory take over but still factoring in the adjustment. If you can do that, you can shave with anything!

Muscle memory allows you to shave the same way weather you can see or are blindfolded.
Muscle memory allows you to take a safety bar off a razor and still shave without incident.
Muscle Memory allows you to speed up your shave and still get consistent results.
Muscle memory allows you to shave on autopilot, when your brain if focused on other things, like keeping a kayak stable.

Practice, Experience, Variety, Experimentation..... it all comes together with time!

Back