The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is your most unique shave?

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
While my son was crashed out on the couch - I decided to experiment and see if I could come up with the coldest shave ever (even though it was 25 degrees outside). So......I started with a mentholated pre-shave, added some B&M Terrorade, lathered on some Chiseled Face Cryogen, and then finished off with a cold water rinse and splashed on some Wet the Face Cold Fusion aftershave splash. It didn’t hit me at first but when I did - I think I earned a new appreciation for those Polar Bear club swimmers …………

ok, that’s mine, what is yours?

I once lost a bet and had to do a dry shave... I had tomato face for a week.

Other than that, I’m always proud of myself when I can perfectly match a soap and aftershave that are completely different brands.

The most unique shave I’ve ever had was a couple years ago. I got my hands on Mennen Shaving cream and Skin Bracer aftershave from the 1940s. Used a 1951 Gillette Aristocrat. One of the best shaves I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once lost a bet and had to do a dry shave... I had tomato face for a week.

Other than that, I’m always proud of myself when I can perfectly match a soap and aftershave that are completely different brands.

The most unique shave I’ve ever had was a couple years ago. I got my hands on Mennen Shaving cream and Skin Bracer aftershave from the 1940s. Used a 1951 Gillette Aristocrat. One of the best shaves I’ve ever had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a great shave (the second one, not the lost bet one lol)....it’s amazing how shave gear and products stand the test of time!

We’ve done lots of unique shaves in the Stunt Shaves series of the VLOG section.

Probably the two most unique would be:

the blindfolded shaves:

and the DEvette shaves (DE razor with safety bar removed:

We’ve done lots of unique shaves in the Stunt Shaves series of the VLOG section.

Probably the two most unique would be:

the blindfolded shaves:

and the DEvette shaves (DE razor with safety bar removed:
I think for both those shaves - there would be blood 😬 I’ll have to check that out!

Probably this one.

G6fh8aql.jpg

Because...duh...Tabacaveg! Nectar of the gods, that stuff.

Nothing as exciting as above

1) Definitely for was the MMOC missing the hold tabs and i had no idea.
2) straight right off a 1200.
3) a full AdP suite of pre to post shave ridiculousness. OMG pure luxe

Before I began wet shaving, I shaved in the shower, not using a mirror. I think this gave me an advantage when I was a rookie wet shaver.

Back