The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is your favorite GLUG!!!

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Seriously...what aftershave do you just want to pour a 55 gallon drum over your head. What's that aftershave that smells so good that you want to jump in a Hot Tub Time Machine of the stuff. What is that stuff that you really want the WHOLE world to smell. What do you glug!

Oh, that’s tough!
My current most versatile glug is probably:
C3E30EC6-0FF5-4B8A-A6E9-EC24ECF0098C.jpeg

I have two that I enjoy far more but I don’t think I would use them every day, they’re more for special occasions or days off.

That would probably be Asylum Shave Works Royal Fougere. It was a limited run that was made for Bullgoose by WSP, and was a cross between Penhaligon's English Fern and Geo F Trumper Wild Fern. It is 100% awesome, and I burned through about half a bottle of the aftershave in no time after I pulled the trigger on it. I wish I had gotten more, and had gotten some of the EDP as well, because the day it runs out will be a sad day for me. That is one scent that I would pickle myself in, just to make sure the rest of the world could smell how amazing it is.

At one point I would have said anything that smelled like AoS Sandalwood...i.e. Fine Santal Absolute. Or even American Blend. I then would have said something like Creed Aventus. Today...I have no idea. I love the way Chatillion Lux Vide Poche smells...I mean I really love it. And I have enough soap and aftershave to last a while if I use it sparingly. But there is something about that Figaro Monsieur (not the Ambra) that is really awesome smelling. It's HARD to find though and thanks to KJ @Spider I have a full bottle left!

Tough indeed! I'd probably go with Myrsol F/Extra, well I'm going to have to, I just ordered a liter of the stuff!

Myrsol goes on light, so you really can douse yourself with it.

I need to add one to the list. Participated in Clubman Friday for the first time in a while yesterday. Yup, Clubman is another one that I can't seem to stop with a simple splash. It goes on H.E.A.V.Y.. Face, back of the neck, arms, chest, I douse myself in the stuff and it smells amazing every time. Clubman truly is a classic, and the best part is you can buy it buy the gallon on the cheap.

I’d have to go with any of the Creed Green Irish Tweed clones. I currently have Sharp Dressed Man in the den.

A very close second would be Clubman. 99% of the time when I don’t have a matching AS for a soap, I go with Clubman. It’s just a classic scent that I absolutely love. And like @Smattayu you said, you can get a boatload of it really cheap and it can usually be found at your local drug store. Eric did mention in his journal that it’s best to decant in a glass bottle which I also recommend.

Everytime I think I've found the one that I could use everyday for the rest of my life. A few months go bye and I change my mind. Right now I think it could be Trumpers Sandalwood. But I like a variety of scents to much, to commit to just one.
s-l400.jpg

Back