The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is the Latest and Greatest in the Software Department

So, Murphy & McNeil sounds interesting. I also want to try Strike Gold Shaving and Moon Soaps. Both of those are being carried by WCS.

Moon Soaps are pretty good. I have Old School and Havana. Havana is my favorite of the two. I've been itching to try Amaretto.

The latest & greatest software that I'd like to try or acquire more of:

Aftershaves:
- @Dragonsbeard Skin food splash
- Maol Grooming AS splash

Artisan soaps:
-Zingari Man (Sego base)
-Wholly Kaw (Siero base)
-Declaration Grooming (MilksteaK base)
-Murphy & McNeil (Kodiak base)
-Grooming Department (Nai base)
-Midnight & Two (new formula)
-Arianna & Evans (Updated formula)

The latest & greatest software that I'd like to try or acquire more of:

Aftershaves:
- @Dragonsbeard Skin food splash
- Maol Grooming AS splash

Artisan soaps:
-Zingari Man (Sego base)
-Wholly Kaw (Siero base)
-Declaration Grooming (MilksteaK base)
-Murphy & McNeil (Kodiak base)
-Grooming Department (Nai base)
-Midnight & Two (new formula)
-Arianna & Evans (Updated formula)

If you would like I can send you a sample of Zingari Man wanderer. She sent me a pretty large sample when I ordered some aftershave balm from her and I’d be happy to split it with you.

IMO, all the newest top artisan soaps pretty much lather & shave alike. The "brass ring" nowadays is the PSF factor and tastefully contrived scents. Fortunately, post shave feel (PSF) is not a factor for me as I use a facial cleanser post shave. However, scent is very important..............generally when I make a purchase. I appreciate it when a maker goes to the trouble to try to satisfy the fickleness of this small market. That's capitalism.

Now if only an artisan maker would make a tallow soap scented like Aramis. :love:

IMO, all the newest top artisan soaps pretty much lather & shave alike. The "brass ring" nowadays is the PSF factor and tastefully contrived scents. Fortunately, post shave feel (PSF) is not a factor for me as I use a facial cleanser post shave. However, scent is very important..............generally when I make a purchase. I appreciate it when a maker goes to the trouble to try to satisfy the fickleness of this small market. That's capitalism.

Now if only an artisan maker would make a tallow soap scented like Aramis. :love:

Have you tried the PAA Porthos?

Back