The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What is on your AD list (long range) 2019 Edition

@Spider I am looking for a good deal on a surgical black ark for a finisher. I’m stalking the bay but snipers keep nabbing them.

As far as The typical shave stuff goes, I am set.

I want to learn to really master my synthetic stones and maybe get and learn a full Arkansas progression for long term.

I may also dabble a bit with making: AS, bar soap and maybe a shave soap.
I don't know about learning a full Ark progression (I failed there) but a nice surgical ark finisher isn't a bad thing. My biggest challenge was ensuring it was flat then burnishing it to the shine I wanted.

If you want my help making soap let me know, I'm not as good with bar soap as I am with shave soap but I'll help however I can.

I don't have any strong urges at the moment but I would like to find a single edge razor that takes the feather AC type blade. I had the silver hawk then the General but found both to be rather basic, I want something more substantial.

I would like to get larger hot pots for cooking soap but i don't want huge kettles. Maybe a different mixer.

If i found a wet sink set up for honing I wouldn't turn it down. I haven't honed in months because its too difficult to drag all my stuff out and use then put ti away and clean up my mess.

I don't know about learning a full Ark progression (I failed there) but a nice surgical ark finisher isn't a bad thing. My biggest challenge was ensuring it was flat then burnishing it to the shine I wanted.

If you want my help making soap let me know, I'm not as good with bar soap as I am with shave soap but I'll help however I can.

Thanks Chris!

I am definitely going to start with the SB first to finish out the synthetic edges. I’m not sure if I would be patient enough for a full Ark progression, but one can dream.

When I get that far, I will surely pick your brain on soap stuff too. Thanks for the offer.

Back