The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What frags are you looking forward to…

BadgerFiend

Sr. Shave Member
First Responder
What are you looking forward to? Whether to sample or purchase.

I’m always on the hunt for new scents (new or “old”) and my only outlet for this type of conversation is frag/shaving sites/forums, particularly this one.

I obviously like the “old” scents from my “scent of the day” posts, but have been trying to get into “newer” scents. I remember being a kid in the late 80’s/early 90’s and would gravitate towards the “opulent” fragrance counters at Hudson’s ( now Macy’s, I think?) and good old JCPenny, to inhale all the wonderful scents!

Anyway, to start things off, I’m looking forward to a few oldies (a few Caron’s and Boucheron’s) as well as a few newer ones (Versace Eros Flame, Prada L’Homme, and several aquatics, as I’ve gotten off my “high horse” about those finally).

What about you?!

So, I have been wearing Stirling Mountain Man as a sent lately. And I have to say that I love it...a lot. It's a clone of the Creed Silver Mountain Water. I likely won't get the Creed version on account of the cost and Danger Baby seems to be using up most of my disposable income. But this scent truly is amazing!

Bergamot, orange, green tea, black currant, Galbanum, musk, sandalwood, and petitgrain.

I’ve got a few on my ”wishlist” - that I hope to pull the trigger on at least 1 or 2 (I‘m definitely a blind buy guy - but there are a couple of these that I have dupes or had a sample sent).

1. Naughton & Wilson Gravitas Pour Homme & Bon Viveer.
2. Tom Ford Beau de Jour
3. Fougere Royale
4. Goldfield & Banks Bohemian Lime
5. Bond No 9 Coney Island
6. Atelier Cologne Orange Sanguine
7. Juliette Has a Gun Moscow Mule
8. Alfred Dunhill Amalfi Citrus
9.Lacoste Eau de Sport (if I can find it)
10. Heeley Orange & Lemons Say The Bells of St Clements

To hold me over until I make the decision on those above - I will most likely get a couple more fun ones from Dua - thinking Flagship or Flagship III, Cucumber Cooler, Mimosa, Tux & Cognac, and Grapefruit Cognac

Back