The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What do you look at differently, since joining the Cadre?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
I'm curious if there is anything in your life that you think about in a different way since joining the Cadre. This can be shave related, like thinking about shaving every time you see a salsa bowl when you're are the store or a resturaunt, but the heart of my question is related to anything more specific to the Cadre.... either the forum, our threads, conversations, VLOGs, or the members themselves.

This question came up in my mind because I've been watching and listenign to "The Nightmare Before Christmas" a lot lately. Sometime I just listen to the soundtrack while I'm in the kitchen. There is a song called Jack's Lament, and in it this verse:

I'm a master of fright, and a demon of light
And I'll scare you right out of your pants
To a guy in Kentucky, I'm Mr Unlucky
And I'm known throughout England and France

There is no way I can ever listen to this verse, without now knowing exactly who that guy in Kentucky is! There's been a lot of speculation and fan theories over the years, if this was in reference to anyone specifically..... but now I know the truth!

Totally agree with all the sentiments expressed above, (except Bingo)

I certainly can't see any Spiderman reference without thinking of Spider or this bobblehead I have from Far Cry 3.

IMG_7850.jpeg

Oddly I've also comfortably lost most of my need to buy more stuff, it's just not what The Cadre is about, despite claims otherwise. I don't feel any sense of needing to 'Keep up with the Jones's' just to be able to make meaningful posts.

And it's more than Kentucky too, Sacramento and Heperia as well for me.

Since our founding I’ve become much more aware of our sense of community amongst a bunch of folks who’ve never actually met. Is it possible to achieve world peace? Perhaps not. But we have our little peaceful place here in the virtual world.
Amen.

I ain't been here long, but I like, no LOVE the fact that mods aren't ever inserting themselves into conversations just to mention that there are things being said that they wish weren't, or reminding folks to use report buttons. Dangit...... life should be loose! I mean, given a choice in attire just sittin' around the house, would you rather be in lounge pants or a three piece suit?

End of rant.

I ain't been here long, but I like, no LOVE the fact that mods aren't ever inserting themselves into conversations just to mention that there are things being said that they wish weren't, or reminding folks to use report buttons. Dangit...... life should be loose! I mean, given a choice in attire just sittin' around the house, would you rather be in lounge pants or a three piece suit?

End of rant.
We are all mods here, and you are saying a few things I wish you weren't. I don't want to have to hit the report button that is there for every offense no matter how minor it is.

😜 😜 😜 😜 😜 😜 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back