The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What De Gillette is this specifically?

Jaro1069

TSC's Cheerleader
Veteran
Hello everybody I need your help , as the title says I need to find out what this razor is.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

It was listed as a lady's gillette and I looked at it for my wife. I asked her if she liked it and she said she did BUT before I could get it for her it had been sold !!
She really liked the handle design on it but I can't find any as I don't know which "Barber pole design it is exactly...

She doesn't care about the pink case it had in the photo I posted. She is NOT a big fan of pink !!
Besides I can 3d print her one or print an insert and put into the ouija mint tin I also posted a pic of.
The ouija tin is like the altoids cases so I'll print her an insert which I know she will like better than the pink case.....

71CoxV4EKmL._SL1500_.jpg
71vtxy81HwL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for any assistance You can give me with this ... I will Really Appreciate it A LOT !!!!!!!!

Looks like a later model Tech with an aluminum handle to me. Not a Lady Gillette.
Thank you. I originally thought it was a tech and they were just saying lady because of the pink case ,
but I don't know as much as you guys and wanted to find out for sure.... So do you happen by chance have any idea what the handle might have been called specifically so I could maybe put one together for her... I really would appreciate ANY other help you might could give.... Thank you....

It’s just an aluminum handled tech. It’s a later year, after they switched to aluminum, but we’d need to see the date code to know for sure. Possibly British.

Last edited:
mid 1970's tech if english,late 60's to early 70's if u.s made.due to the round ball end on the handle.brit handles are squared off at the end-no ball end.brit ones were also available in brass/nickel plate,not the ball end ones,aluminum only.as stated,wait and see the date code.:)

I won't be able to see the date code on that one because it sold before I could get it. I am just trying to find another with that particular pattern on the handle.. It doesn't look like the normal pattern.. Thanks for the help.

Btw as an update , I still have Not gotten her one yet ,but , she seems happy with the long handle TTO frankenrazor and the little Travel tech she currently has.. Again I wanted to thank you guys for the info you provided me back then.

Back