The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What are you all sleeping on?

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”
The missus and I are shopping around for a new mattress. After a lifetime of second hand, low end spring mattresses, we want something semi-decent.

We’ve mostly been checking out the newest wave of foam and gel compositions from online manufacturers like Nectar, Purple, etc. There’s so many options! We’re currently leaning toward Nectar.

What are you all sleeping on (besides the couch or dog house) or what have you slept on that you might recommend? Please no “I have a friend of a friend who said...”; I want your real experiences.

It might be difficult, but I think it’s doable that we’d like to try and stay around a grand.

We have the sleep number classic. It has dual controls. 1 for each side. We are going on 20 plus years with it. Bought the base line and put our own gel topper on under the mattress pad. Paid @$850 Not for everyone as @NurseDave didn't care for it but I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

We have the Zinus. It is a more budget friendly option similar to the purple and nectar. We did the hybrid one and absolutely love it. Sleeping so much better! Highly recommend!

We have a foam mattress we have had for 10 years. We bought from foam order Store Locations & Hours | Foam Order
Be bought it on clearance. Not bad , a king sized deluxe for 500. They are based in CA.

I have loved it, my wife has hated it and wants a traditional spring next time.

We have the sleep number classic. It has dual controls. 1 for each side. We are going on 20 plus years with it. Bought the base line and put our own gel topper on under the mattress pad. Paid @$850 Not for everyone as @NurseDave didn't care for it but I wouldn't hesitate to get another.
Took a quick look. Was that the basic option that adjusts the firmness but doesn’t incline the upper body/feet?

Took a quick look. Was that the basic option that adjusts the firmness but doesn’t incline the upper body/feet?
Uh yeah, you'll not see a inclining one that cheap anywhere. Those bases run @$3000 if not mistaken. There base model that would compare to ours is @$1,000 think now. Haven''t looked in a long time....

Dave is correct. We did the sleep number thing. My wife thought it was fine but I couldn’t find a setting that didn’t make my back sore. It also felt like sleeping on an air mattress when I moved. Which of course you are.

We returned that and got a Sealy Posturepedic. We went with that because we found out that’s what they use on the Disney Cruise Line and we like their beds.

Sooo...everyone likes a different thing, great; even so, all different things than my wife’s friends answered when she asked. 😫

Thanks though, really!:ROFLMAO:

Towards the end of 2016, the wife and I bought a Novaform GelPlus Memory Foam Mattress. We purchased it from Costco. I was very skeptical at first. But after reading a bunch of reviews on it (both independent and from Costco) we decided to go with it. It's a little more budget friendly than others so that is a plus. I will have to say...three years in...I am super hapy with it. First mattress that doesn't hurt my back at all and I sleep like a baby on it. The only downside I think was that it took me about four days to get used to it. At first it seems realy hard and I thought my hips were hurting. This was the first memory foam I slept on...so I think my body was adjusting to the support.

If you get a memory foam mattress...I would splurge for the thicker ones...14 inches or more. A lot of people have problems with the 12 inch ones.

Back