The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What about grass?

too-damn-high-jimmy-mc-millan.gif

I live in the So Cal desert with summer temps regularly 100-110 and wind speed 10mph or higher. I have large lawns in my front and back yards and have artificial turf (the cheap low cut kind) covering a large area of my back yard, patio and around the pool deck. The deck gets HOT but the artificial turf just gets hot...heck, the grass gets hot and intolerable in the summer. Aesthetics aside, I wouldn't consider "fake grass" as a replacement of any portion of my current lawn. Not only do I know it to be HOTTER THAN THE SUN, I just don't think it would hold up to the heat, wind, sand and all that the desert throws at us. My family and dogs (and horses, goats, ducks, chickens, rabbits, tortoise, etc) all enjoy the lawn at some time or another so I feel I should at least have a back lawn of some size but I could see replacing the front lawn with various other landscape features.

Back