The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

What’s new to you?

Ashish

Shave Newbie
Long post alert
‼️

Mail Call
Say hello to “The Jove”
H guys, I have been away for while. Posting after some time. Got busy with work and some construction at home. So getting myself a new shave den very soon
Can’t wait
😀
😀
😀

Well, few months ago I was given a reference by Dhruv Shankar bhai, of an artisan pottery maker based out of BLR.
I am a daily shaver so I don’t really require much of exfoliation on daily basis so I bowl lather pretty much everyday, I have good collection of bowls in my shave den and they are great but some are good for tall handle brushes and some are for short handle but it’s small so all lather spills out.
When I got a chance to speak to an artisan who could design the bowl as per my specifications, I was tooo excited. So I started working on the designs and the problem I face while bowl lathering. Few messages back and forth, back and forth.. I was presented with something extraordinary which solved my lathering problems for good.
“The concept”
People who know me, understand my love for astronomy. So I always wanted to get a bowl with similar design.
The outside of the bowl is based on the planet Jupiter and the great red eye if you can notice. The inside is deep, dark blue with starts and galaxies representing interstellar space.
“The design and measurements”
The size of the bowl has a diameter of 5 & 1/2 inches and the depth is 5 cms.
The stars at the bottom help with the agitation and the curve at the top helps the lather stay inside.
The depth of the bowl is enough to lather from a small 22mm brush to a large 28 mm, from small handles to large handles and you fingers never get messy with the lather, it just stays upto the knot.
I am attaching pics with different brushes sizes for your reference
I wanted to make a proper lathering video and show you but my house is under renovations so I will post that sometime in the future but pictures don’t do justice to the bowl.
A perfect value for money product and most importantly, MADE IN INDIA!

Attachments

• IMG_7557.jpeg
    IMG_7557.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7558.jpeg
    IMG_7558.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_7559.jpeg
    IMG_7559.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7560.jpeg
    IMG_7560.jpeg