The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

We've all been there... What's your worst shaving related injury??

I think flaying all the skin off my face with that Gem MMOC was my worst/best. I think we had a wall of pain somewhere for posting pictures of our train wrecks.

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

Shaving your butt cheeks - is that an Alabama or Navy thing😂?

Now this sounds like a story worth the telling!

Say What Now Whats Next GIF - Say What Now What What Now - Discover & Share  GIFs
LOL! Okay, so here's the full story...

So this incident happened a few years ago.. I think it was before I joined the forum. At that time I mainly used my Merkur Futur adjustable and typically used it at a medium or medium-high setting.. A lot of blade exposure.. As most of you know by now I shave in the shower and I keep the shower running in order to rinse off the razor as I'm shaving. And usually I physically turn and hold the razor under the running water to do this. So this one morning I'm shaving. All going according to Hoyle.. First pass great... Second pass great.. Don't remember why but I got in a hurry during pass three and instead of turning around, I just moved my razor behind me to rinse it off. And that's when it happened... OUCH! A three inch incision across the right cheek!! 😲

That was bad enough but what was worse was when I told the wife what happened.. Had to live with that one for a long time...

LOL! Okay, so here's the full story...

So this incident happened a few years ago.. I think it was before I joined the forum. At that time I mainly used my Merkur Futur adjustable and typically used it at a medium or medium-high setting.. A lot of blade exposure.. As most of you know by now I shave in the shower and I keep the shower running in order to rinse off the razor as I'm shaving. And usually I physically turn and hold the razor under the running water to do this. So this one morning I'm shaving. All going according to Hoyle.. First pass great... Second pass great.. Don't remember why but I got in a hurry during pass three and instead of turning around, I just moved my razor behind me to rinse it off. And that's when it happened... OUCH! A three inch incision across the right cheek!! 😲

That was bad enough but what was worse was when I told the wife what happened.. Had to live with that one for a long time...
Don‘t know what is more painful - the physical injury or the teasing from the wife 😂

Don't remember why but I got in a hurry during pass three and instead of turning around, I just moved my razor behind me to rinse it off. And that's when it happened... OUCH! A three inch incision across the right cheek!!

Slicing my butt cheek in the shower with my DE..
At least nobody at work saw it!

Back