The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Week #8 Photo Contest - Antique/Nostalgic/Historical 9/20/2020 - 9/27/2020

Fenster

"O a'u o le ULU Matai"
Concierge
In the past, when I used to frequent a certain Photography Forum website, my favorite thread was one dedicated to old abandon buildings…they could be factories, homes, hospitals, mental institutions, hotels, etc. Not sure why I am so attracted to these old, rundown images, but I am. Would love to see some photos like that, but that may be a little too specific for our contest so I will expand it to anything Antique/Nostalgic/Historical, have fun and be creative.

Rules:
Each week a "Theme" will be decided upon by the Previous weeks winner ( that is the Prize )
All types of Cameras are allowed ( DSLR, SLR, Phone Cameras, ETC)
Contest will run for 7-days ( Sunday to Sunday)
Photos will then be posted in a Voting Thread for all member to vote on
Voting will be open for 3 days before a winner is declared
That winner will then decide on the Photographic theme for the next contest,
Themes can be anything ( TOU Rules apply) including shaving items on a LIMITED BASIS and if so a Specific Theme should be adopted
Get Creative
Since this is member driven and voted, there will be no limitation to post photo software processing ( Photoshopping allowed)
All photos must be taken and processed by YOU. NO COPIED or INTERNET PHOTOS
One photo submission per contest
Please include how it was taken ( camera, lighting, location etc) and please Name the photo
Photo must have been taken within the last 5-years ( For the remainder of 2020.)

Antique you say? Well I have some pictures of an old man when I visited Tucson. But not sure if he's nostalgic.
Careful Skippy, I know where you live and your mom could provide endless secrets about you......

Oh ya don't say? Well as we learned on the Zoom call. Dave fully understands pandemics I mean he was around during the spanish flu

Oh ya don't say? Well as we learned on the Zoom call. Dave fully understands pandemics I mean he was around during the spanish flu
Mrs. Vargo........; this is Dave.... I have some Questions......

"Old Smokey" (no, not Willie Nelson)

An old smoke stack of some sort (I think), in Garibaldi, OR. Taken June 2019 with my former Pixel 2 phone. Edited with Google photos and Snapseed apps.
f16ddcef0798012c4b9c29361c5722d5.jpg

Creepy Bunker

ukgdRtH.jpg

This concrete bunker type buidling literally 150 miles from any other structure, city or settlement in the SE AZ desert Mountains, obvious markings of vandals, but one particular creepy marking looks like an upside down cross, whole area feels really "heavy' fenced off and the slit is an opening and large openings below as shown
Canon D7

Back