The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

WEEK #4 PHOTO CONTEST -FREE FOR ALL 6.28.2020 - 7.5.2020 ( Early Entries Allowed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Hello Shutterbugs and photophiles
Welcome to Week #4
The Theme is FREE FOR ALL. Which means post any photo ( that has not already been submitted) for consideration
This means: Landscapes, Pets, Patriotic, People, Floral, Astro, Shave Shots.. Anything you are proud of and want to enter,

Rules:

1. Each week a "Theme" will be decided upon by the Previous weeks winner ( that is the Prize )
  2. All types of Cameras are allowed ( DSLR, SLR, Phone Cameras, ETC)
  3. Contest will run for 7-days ( Sunday to Sunday)
  4. Photos will then be posted in a Voting Thread for all member to vote on
  5. Voting will be open for 3 days before a winner is declared
  6. That winner will then decide on the Photographic theme for the next contest,
  7. Themes can be anything ( TOU Rules apply) including shaving items on a LIMITED BASIS and if so a Specific Theme should be adopted
  8. Get Creative
  9. Since this is member driven and voted, there will be no limitation to post photo software processing ( Photoshopping allowed)
  10. All photos must be taken and processed by YOU. NO COPIED or INTERNET PHOTOS
  11. One photo submission per contest
  12. Please include how it was taken ( camera, lighting, location etc) and please Name the photo
  13. Photo must have been taken within the last 5-years ( For the remainder of 2020.)

GOOD LUCK

Ooooh, this is going to be a fun one Dave!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So the question now is...do I use a photo I have already taken...or do I go out and take a new one?

Well someone has to go first.. ugh.

I took this at the now mystical place called DisneyWorld (last September). It was taken with my Pixel 2 (can you tell I don't own a camera?) and edits were done with the Google Photos and Snapseed app. It is titled...

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

528a8057d825491310cd49d798a54088.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

St Peter’s Basilica
On the bucket list, along with the Hagia Sophia, and several spots in the Holy Land. I assume you made it into the Sistine?

Reminds me of a story my dearly departed barber used to tell. This guy is talking to his barber about planning a trip to the Vatican to meet with the Pope. The barber tells him he is delusional and wasting his time and mocks him in front of the rest of the barbers and patrons. The man, undeterred, takes his trip to Rome. When he goes in for his next haircut, the barber, with a smirk on his face, says, "Well did you meet the Pope? The man takes a seat. "I actually did! I can't believe it, but I actually did." His barber laughs, "Sure you did!" The man continues, "No really! I am still in disbelief myself, but it happened. My wife and I went and stood in a packed St. Peter's Square to hear the Pope deliver his homily. After it was over, we were taking some photographs when I was tapped on the shoulder by one of the Swiss Guards. I immediately thought I must have done something wrong. The guard said, "Please come with us sir. The Holy Father would like to pray for you." I asked them, "Is this some kind of joke?" I look around for a camera crew, because I thought it had to be a prank. I could tell by his expression, he was serious. So I said, "Ok," and I followed them through a labyrinth of corridors past breathtaking works of art. Then we stopped outside two huge ornate doors, and the guard said, "Please wait here." While I sit there, I thought, 'This can't be happening.' It was eerily quiet. The two doors eventually creaked opened and out came the guy you always see standing by the Pope." At this point, everyone in the barbershop was hanging on his every word. The two other barbers had turned off their clippers. The waiting patrons peered from behind their magazines and newspapers. His own barber reached for the remote and turned down the volume on the TV. The man continued, "So I go in, and there he was sitting on a..., well I guess you call it a throne. He motioned for me to come toward him. When I got there I kneeled down, because that seemed like the thing to do. I gradually looked up, and his fist was extended towards me. He had on a ring, and I kissed it, because I saw that in a movie once. He said, 'Son, I want to pray for you.' I nodded yes, lowered my head, and he begin to pray. When he had finished, I said, 'Holy Father, why did you select me out of ALL of those people in the square?'" The man's barber chimed in, "That's what I'm wondering." The man continued, "He said 'as I looked out over the crowd you stood out. I thought that anyone with a haircut that bad must be in need of prayer.'"

On the bucket list, along with the Hagia Sophia, and several spots in the Holy Land. I assume you made it into the Sistine?
Yes we did. I'll tell you, I'm happy to have said I've seen it, but it wasn't exactly the experience I had hoped for. Tons of people in there of course, even though we did the "pre opening" tour and constant noise even with official admonishments and sign saying no talking. I liked St Peter's much better.

San Xavier Del Bac near Sunset
CRtnNrml.jpg

Canon 7D Mark II / 400iso / F2.8 / 50mm​
I call shenanigans Dave. Where is all the Construction/restoration stuff? I have been there several times and they are ALWAYS doing something!

Great photo though lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back