The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

We Need More Reviews

Graybeard57

TSC's Steven Wright
Veteran
I'd love to see more reviews on TSC. I'll be using a new to me soap in a couple of weeks, so I'll review that. Perhaps I'll post a review of my current blade of choice, SuperMax Stainless once I get home from work and take a photo. I think to generate hits on searches we ought to step our review game. It doesn't need to be a brand new product, all reviews are of interest to someone who hasn't yet used it. I get a lot of ideas on what to try next from other's reviews.
1f60e.png

I agree! I have been planning a Storybooks vs. Big Easy grudge match (Coffee Spoons and Cafe Orleans). Both are coffee-ish scented soaps and aftershaves!

Post your reviews keep em coming! We are also working on an awesome review section of the forum. We are hoping it will be up sooner rather than later! Teaser we are also looking to add a preferred format that people can follow when reviewing a product to hopefully build consistency in reviews across TSC.

There's already a section for reviews, but it's marked "Coming Soon", so... I don't think a person would know where or whether to post a review before that section is live.

There's already a section for reviews, but it's marked "Coming Soon", so... I don't think a person would know where or whether to post a review before that section is live.
For now your reviews can be made as a separate thread in general shaving, we can move review threads to the new location as appropriate.

AS Chad mentioned, We plan to provide some guidance (not a mandate) on how to evaluate and review product. Among other things, we figure this will help those who are less experienced feel more confident in evaluating and reviewing new things.

Thanks for thinking about how to improve the forum and bring in more viewers/members @brickHud, @ShaverDanger and @Greybeard57, much appreciated.

Chris is right. Post them in general shaving or if its a soap review post it in the soap section. Where ever is fine.

Chris, Dave, and I know that as we open up other areas of the site we 3 will need to go around and clean things up. You all should not worry about that. If you have something of value to post. Please post it. We will move it if necessary when the time is right.

Back