The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Vintage Aftershave Appreciation Thread

It is indeed hard to find bottles with any juice left in them. Empty bottles are easy to find. I have these, but only the clear bottle of leather has any nectar. But it is divine!
View attachment 26644

Awesome! It must be good stuff, considering you simply cannot find much juice anywhere. Then again, the bottles may have bad seals?
Well, I’m hopeful... I just pulled the trigger on this set, the seller said you can hear liquid swish around in each of the bottles. Cross your fingers for me!
6237a26b62c7100bd62ffb48a80e517b.jpg

e6ae5179dce33fbd1760b4892b1ef39d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36525df638edced315d6179764b08d10.jpg

eBay, supposed to be a citrusy scent, cousin to Brut.

Awesome! It must be good stuff, considering you simply cannot find much juice anywhere. Then again, the bottles may have bad seals?
Well, I’m hopeful... I just pulled the trigger on this set, the seller said you can hear liquid swish around in each of the bottles. Cross your fingers for me!
6237a26b62c7100bd62ffb48a80e517b.jpg

e6ae5179dce33fbd1760b4892b1ef39d.jpg

Both bottles came to me with less than a quarter of juice left. The liquid is very dark brown.... I have not decided if I'd like to try it yet....

Both bottles came to me with less than a quarter of juice left. The liquid is very dark brown.... I have not decided if I'd like to try it yet....
There is an antique shop in one of my neighboring towns that has one of the seaforth sets with shave soap and talc and AS or cologne that all things are sealed and the bottles were full but they wanted like 35 bucks or something like that for it. I don't know if its still there. I will look next time I'm there...

Edit.. There is also a thrift store that has like 2 of the big plastic tubs of old spice bottles that most are still in there boxes also. I'll take a pic of them next time I'm around it..

There is an antique shop in one of my neighboring towns that has one of the seaforth sets with shave soap and talc and AS or cologne that all things are sealed and the bottles were full but they wanted like 35 bucks or something like that for it. I don't know if its still there. I will look next time I'm there...

Edit.. There is also a thrift store that has like 2 of the big plastic tubs of old spice bottles that most are still in there boxes also. I'll take a pic of them next time I'm around it..
Please do, Seaforth is my White Whale....

I have several different Avon aftershaves, and haven't even gotten around to trying them all yet.

On the other hand, I do love Shulton vintage Old Spice, and will hunt it down like a bloodhound, given half a chance. Haven't found any recently, but I have some on hand.

20200903_191155.jpg

I'm somewhat proud of my vintage collection:

-William Neumann&CO. (Heartwood and Signature 1907)
-Aqua Velva Classic
-Mennen Skin Bracer(1931)
-Osage Rub
-Stephan Bay Rum(1897)
Clubman Original(1810)
-
You have vintage versions of all of these? Or the modern/current formulas?

Well, here’s where I’ll be spending a lot of my time!

Here’s one I’ve never showed anyone before. Iron, made by Coty in the late 80s.
View attachment 26594

Hahaha this fragrance has been etched into my brain! Had a traumatizing experience spraying Iron into my eyes at Meijers as a kid lol. Ahh the good old days when the stores had samples of all kinds (food, meat from deli, cologne, etc.) But Iron and Santa Fe were a few favorites back then lol.

Back