The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Vintage Aftershave Appreciation Thread

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
Hello gentlemen,

I have enjoyed hunting for Vintage aftershaves ever since I started wet shaving, about 9 years ago. I've amassed, at least to me a sizable collection. I'm always looking for more variety and interesting bottles. It seems this is the blessing and the curse of our hobby, AD's.... I truly love the vintage scents though! I'm still hunting for many, many more! The elusive Seaforth has been a thorn in my side for many years, I don't think I'll be able to find this one....

My favorite Vintage aftershave is Skin Bracer, though in the last week Proraso is pretty amazing.

This guy just showed up today:
IMG_5288.jpg

Below is my simple list, but there are many more.
  • Skin Bracer
  • Osage Rub
  • Florida Water
  • Old Spice(Several Varieties)
  • Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
  • Pinaud Clubman
  • Proraso
  • Aqua Velva(Several Varieties)
  • Brut(33)
  • Palmolive
  • Avon(many Varieties)
Are you guys hunting vintage scents?
What vintage aftershave are you missing?
What is your favorite vintage?

My only Vintage AS is a bottle of English Leather.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I believe so, if it's the "original". By that I mean in its current iteration. I'm not one to search for splashes that were on the shelves in the '60s, just the contemporary version.
I've never tried the current production light blue stuff. I have two bottles of the 1960-1970 light blue juice and one large bottle of 1990's darker blue stuff in the glass decanter.

Oh, currently it is dark blue, the vintage stuff is light blue, and the very vintage stuff is yellow/tan.

That is exactly what this thread is all about!
@BarberDave, do you still have that super old AV bottle I gave you for Christmas 4-5 years ago? That bottle was SWEET!

The Yellow tan stuff would have gone in that bottle!

@BarberDave, do you still have that super old AV bottle I gave you for Christmas 4-5 years ago? That bottle was SWEET!

The Yellow tan stuff would have gone in that bottle!
hey Matt, Yep that, the hat and all the other Stuff

yUHmMW6h.jpg

Look Familiar? Used it today

Back