The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Video Software -Shave Vloggers what do you use and How? - DUE 04.19.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use PowerDirector on my laptop with some peripheral lights since I only have two overhead fluorescent bulbs. For a camera I just use a Samsung Galaxy S5 on a tripod mounted on a shelf. Since the phone is a bit older, I can't use the front facing camera for HD video. So I have a mirror behind the tripod so I can make sure that I'm staying in frame. For the lather cam, I use a Go Pro Hero 3 and a flex mount clipped onto the shelf.

Like Don said, the ease of use of PowerDirector to make a great looking video is hard to beat. It has built in transitions, though there are some options which I wish were built into it a bit more robustly and it can be somewhat limiting into how many layers you can use. With that being said, I have yet to get to that point where I've exceeded it's capabilities.

Powerdirector is a great platform and even better on the computer it has everything the Adobe has and more, fast rendering and fun to use They are always improving it at well

@HandleBarberDave and @Dagwoodz what versions of Power Director do you guys have? I'm using PD 16 currently. I don't think there is a lot of difference i some of the past version. They currently have the Power Director 365 which is a subscription plan (about $70 yearly if you do it that way or $20 monthly) which has regular updating and a lot of bells and whistles. But I absolutely hate subscription services for software...it seems that everyone is moving toward that.

I have powerdirector 18 little enhancement, and the only reason I have not gone to 365 is the subscription and cloud based stuff

I have powerdirector 18 little enhancement, and the only reason I have not gone to 365 is the subscription and cloud based stuff
It just irritates me that EVERYONE wants to do subscription now. I mean...if I am paying $10 a month on this and that and other stuff...that adds up! I just want to buy and be done with it.

It just irritates me that EVERYONE wants to do subscription now. I mean...if I am paying $10 a month on this and that and other stuff...that adds up! I just want to buy and be done with it.
Thatā€™s why they went to the ā€œsoftware as a serviceā€ model. If vital parts of the software live on the cloud, they got you, and your revenue stream. It also cuts piracy way down. You canā€™t buy one copy and share it with your friends, ā€˜cause the code only works once now.

Just a quick Shout out folks the deadline for submissions is Friday .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back