The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Video Software -Shave Vloggers what do you use and How? - DUE 04.19.2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
I had reached out to a few of you that Vlog Regularly and it is now a topic for the TSC Radio Show, so please respond in this thread

I use the free version of Power Director on my phone. I have project saved with my into/outro and then copy that to a new project and add in the video and any specific edits i want for that vid.

I'd also like to know how folks set their camera's up in general. Where do they put them, how do they mount them etc...?

I'd also like to know how folks set their camera's up in general. Where do they put them, how do they mount them etc...?
for me i had a suction cup hook on the mirror with one of the tripods that have the flexible legs for my phone. I tried shaving with my phone as the mirror and that was not for me.

I use a small tripod, I’ll get a pic in a minute, but this thread has a lot of info in it...

I use a small tripod, I’ll get a pic in a minute, but this thread has a lot of info in it...
Thanks Spider!

Thanks Spider!

I like the tripod, because I can take it anywhere. I put it on my kitchen table for my hot pepper and unboxing videos, or I can wrap the legs around something to to an outdoors shave.

Here'd my high tech setup. Galaxy Tab A on it's last legs (crashes at 70% battery until recharged again) It just sits on the shelf. After filming I upload to Youtube and that's it. Years go I played around with Nero but don't have that anymore and have nothing special to spice my videos up. I look forward to the radio show.
IMG_20190410_062406841.jpg

I k ow I am not necessarily a regular vloger, but as far as software goes...I use Power Director on my laptop. I really like the ease of use and that you can get a seriously high quality video produced if you want. I like the templates for is I am doing some kind of fun little picture gallery thing, but find it is seriously lacking in those. I know I can go to the Power Director site and check out more...but honestly I don't think they have a ton of them.

As far as holders and stands. If I am in the Bathroom I use a suction cup phone holder to the mirror, but I don't like the angle of it. If I am at a table...then I will use a flex legged tripod like what KJ has. I am actually looking forward to this thread to gleam some other info!

I prop up my iPhone XS on a towel rack for the video. For editing I mainly use iMovie on my old MacBook. If there is any heavier image manipulation I have to do, I use a editor called Pixelmator...very similar to Photoshop but waaaaaaaay cheaper.

This is what I use to mount the camera. It clips on the top of the mirror in the bathroom. And the light helps tame the shadows from the ceiling lights.

I used a separate program to make the intro and outro and have them saved on my phone. Then I just shoot, tag the ends on and upload. I'm au natural with no editing.

When I actually get a chance to do videos I use a suction cup mount on the mirror and edit and upload all with FilmoraGo!

I use an iPad hanging from a piece of string on a suction cup on my mirror. The only modification I do is I use a lavalier microphone on a little stand in front of me. I just use iMovie to patch together pictures and the pieces of pre-recorded intro and outro.
IMG_4113.JPG

I use PowerDirector on my laptop with some peripheral lights since I only have two overhead fluorescent bulbs. For a camera I just use a Samsung Galaxy S5 on a tripod mounted on a shelf. Since the phone is a bit older, I can't use the front facing camera for HD video. So I have a mirror behind the tripod so I can make sure that I'm staying in frame. For the lather cam, I use a Go Pro Hero 3 and a flex mount clipped onto the shelf.

Like Don said, the ease of use of PowerDirector to make a great looking video is hard to beat. It has built in transitions, though there are some options which I wish were built into it a bit more robustly and it can be somewhat limiting into how many layers you can use. With that being said, I have yet to get to that point where I've exceeded it's capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back