The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Video Editing Software

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Probably not the best place for this, but wanted to ask a video related question. What is everyone using to do video editing. I used to use Movie Maker, but Microsoft isn't supporting that anymore. Looking for suggestions on a fairly simple to use (can require a little bit of technical skill but I am trying to keep this as enjoyable and time efficient as possible) and low cost to free video editor.

Suggestions are most appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Don

I’m still using movie maker to compile, arange and edit my video. YouTube has some tools as well but I am still fumbling around with them and can’t say for sure YouTube can do what you are needing. I am curious what others might suggest, Dave may have some big guns on his machine but I am sure he can suggest a user grade program or two.

I'm using a free app on the the phone. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I'll edit this post with the name when I get back to my room.

It's fairly straight forward, though because it's the free version, somewhat limited.

EDIT: the app is Power Director

I’m still using movie maker to compile, arange and edit my video. YouTube has some tools as well but I am still fumbling around with them and can’t say for sure YouTube can do what you are needing. I am curious what others might suggest, Dave may have some big guns on his machine but I am sure he can suggest a user grade program or two.

I'm using a free app on the the phone. Can't remember the name of it off the top of my head, but I'll edit this post with the name when I get back to my room.

It's fairly straight forward, though because it's the free version, somewhat limited.

EDIT: the app is Power Director

Thanks guys! I liked Movie Maker because you could do some pretty good things without it being overly complicated. There are some REALLY powerful and advanced movie editing programs out there that are free...I just have the time to spend hours upon hours figuring out one thing.

If you are looking for professional style results, audio, video, special effect and speed in rendering the video Cyberlink is the best there is based on economics,m easy to use and fast uploading. I use this and Adobe after effects. You will drop some change but it is well worth it

Back