The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Very impressed with CBL Soap

Bandg323

Shave Newbie
CBL Private Reserve arrived and I decided to use this am. M&F L7 custom, Weber DLC long handle, Shark blade (not my go to, usually Personna Red or Blue). The soap is fantastic, all the qualities one could want for a great shave. I have been DE for 20 yrs and have experience with MdC, Mystic, AdP, Mike’s, Soap Commander(about 45 min from me), P160 (sold a Kilo about 3 yr ago den cleaning) and many others.

We have so many great choices, kind of in the third wave, for modern wet shavers. I am not affiliated with Chris in any way, just wanted to give my .02 about a great vendor and product. Figured if the soap is this good, went ahead and ordered a Litsea Tonic.

Regards,

Bradley

Happy you like the Private Reserve, its a great soap with a really intreesting scent. On another note, My experience with Shark blades was among the worst DE experiences EVER. I tried to switch blades just in case I got a bad one and the blood shed and pain continued. I am sure I just got a bad box (maybe some cursed batch from way back) but I can't bring myself to try them again.

The Litsea Cubeb witch hazel tonic will be in the mail today. If you like Litsea Cubebe you will really enjoy this stuff.

Thanks for the welcome. Have hung out on many forums, mostly reading and gleaning info. (Shaving, coffee, gun, knife, mech.watch, etc.). Stumbled on this forum and it seems pretty relaxed and non-confrontational. Many of the others, not so much. ;). Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcome. Have hung out on many forums, mostly reading and gleaning info. (Shaving, coffee, gun, knife, mech.watch, etc.). Stumbled on this forum and it seems pretty relaxed and non-confrontational. Many of the others, not so much. ;). Thanks for the welcome.
Yeah , welcome aboard.. This place is a great place to hang out , chat , learn some stuff and just generally make some really good friends.. the people are great here.. I hope you enjoy yourself and remember if you are curious about something just ask. If you need help with navigating this place there is an excellent concierge team here or you could contact the owners if need be.. Remember to familiarize yourself with the rules / TOU and if you need anything just ask... Above all , Have fun...

If I had to pick a soap that I had to live the rest of my life with... @CBLSoap.com is going to be right at the top of the list...if not the top. @CBLindsay keeps his operation simple, but if he ever wanted to be one of the big time Shaving Soap operations, I am pretty sure he could be one of them.

Private Reserve is a fantastic scent. Once it's gone, it's gone, so if you love it, do stock up. I have.
If I had to pick a soap that I had to live the rest of my life with... @CBLSoap.com is going to be right at the top of the list...if not the top.
I did pick a soap to live the rest of my life with, and I know I have enough CBL Soap to go the distance. I doubt I'll ever buy another soap, that isn't CBL.

I love All of the soaps and products that Chris puts out !! I absolutely adore roasted oatmeal stout but it seems like it's not up ATM.. I hope CBL continues for a long LONG time !!!!

Back