The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Venting.....No offense

I'm gonna vent too!

I hate it when I put on pants and the zipper thing is jammed down in the bottom so you can't grab it!!! :mad:

Most of the members at B&B are decent guys, but you need somewhat thick skin and a good sense of humor anytime you hang around any bunch of guys!

I just wanted to take a moment to vent and hopefully my experience and its presentation will not be seen as harsh or of ill repute to delete this post.

While I am a new member to SC, I first started with the other shaving forum B&B.
I am relatively new to wet shaving but I was treated with an unfair comment after I made an innocent post by another user on B&B.
Luckily some other forum members came to my support. I was more surprised if not mildly shocked by the terminology used in response to my posting.
I went back today to B&B and noticed again how some posters have made some unfair remarks about a vendor here on SC. Some people are way up too insensitive about how a seller decides to communicate their products and make the final sale.

So far, I really appreciate SC for its supportive and knowledge sharing attitude. Not to imply B&B does not do that, but sometimes when you see postings by other members, lets try to be positive and help each other out. Perhaps, I am been too uptight...who knows...What I do know is that I just wanted to thank SC members for their support for everyone regardless of their knowledge.

Apologies...just had to get off my chest today....
I wonder if the vender you refer to is a certain soap maker popular on this forum. If so I saw those comments and took issue with the main individual making those snarky remarks. I believe that post has since been taken down.

I wonder was that the thread about ETHOS Grooming essentials? I’m not able to go on B&B but they threatened a shaving buddy of mine that he can’t mention me or my brand anymore. It’s not the first time. I still have no idea what the real reason I got banned over there for was. One moderators said I was promoting my brand but ETHOS wasn’t even released yet ( other than the Dragonsbeard collaboration with Oleo) and I never ever mentioned the brand in any of my posts. Of course they never responded to my question of show me the post where I supposedly mentioned my new upcoming line of products. I just wanted proof of their claim. Oh and they told another of my friends over there that Frank and TSC are no friends of B&B. I’m sorry but that makes me laugh at times even though it’s not really that funny to think they may have banned me just because I joined the Cadre!
I think TSC and myself are doing just fine without B&B’s blessings!

Last edited:
@Dragonsbeard ..yes it was about you. Someone asked on the Deals thread where they could purchase Ethos. But some folks must have ""misread"" where for how would one rate Ethos. As such, some people said your email approach was "unprofessional" .

There were comments thankfully in support of Ethos. I buy Eufros soaps directly via email only from Manuel in Spain without issue so not sure why some folks were having an unpleasant experience with you when they had yet to even buy a product. There's another Spanish soap maker in Spain, Fran, of Daisho. He wont at the moment ship items to USA because of his strong passion about his products, he only sells his soaps with an after splash. However, I was lucky enough to get Daisho soaps.

IMHO opinion after trying like over 50 soap brands [from all over the world at all price levels], Ethos, is my number one USA made soap; coupled with great communication and support.
Will say I am very bias with Eufros but ETHOS is right next to it [along with Martin de Candre, Joserra, and Daisho].
So glad I have two of the Ethos soaps (so far - hard stop to buy at the moment)....And would say the splash samples were one of the best too.

@samupun

Thank you sir for the kind words it was my understanding from some of both my shaving friends and a couple of my customers that it was one person who said negative things about how I’ve been selling my products even though he’s never tried to buy them. He also was making negative statements about the size of my jar. From whY I was told he was pretty much shut down by all the others that were in the thread before it was closed. I so don’t want any drama. Just want to make my products and stay in my own lane.
Thanks agin for your support!

I wonder was that the thread about ETHOS Grooming essentials? I’m not able to go on B&B but they threatened a shaving buddy of mine that he can’t mention me or my brand anymore. It’s not the first time. I still have no idea what the real reason I got banned over there for was. One moderators said I was promoting my brand but ETHOS wasn’t even released yet ( other than the Dragonsbeard collaboration with Oleo) and I never ever mentioned the brand in any of my posts. Of course they never responded to my question of show me the post where I supposedly mentioned my new upcoming line of products. I just wanted proof of their claim. Oh and they told another of my friends over there that Frank and TSC are no friends of B&B. I’m sorry but that makes me laugh at times even though it’s not really that funny to think they may have banned me just because I joined the Cadre!
I think TSC and myself are doing just fine without B&B’s blessings!

Someone was asking how to find Ethos products, so I emailed him a link to your Cadre vendor section. Then he wanted an ingredients list and I posted him a pic of the label from my Succes soap. There were some hooligans that jumped in to spin the thread with th
@samupun

Thank you sir for the kind words it was my understanding from some of both my shaving friends and a couple of my customers that it was one person who said negative things about how I’ve been selling my products even though he’s never tried to buy them. He also was making negative statements about the size of my jar. From whY I was told he was pretty much shut down by all the others that were in the thread before it was closed. I so don’t want any drama. Just want to make my products and stay in my own lane.
Thanks agin for your support!

That’s what I saw. A couple of us referenced The Shaving Cadre. They probably deleted the thread at the mention of this forum :ROFLMAO:

hmmmm why does this thread have me think of David vs Goliath...........:unsure::cool:

tenor.gif

hmmmm why does this thread have me think of David vs Goliath...........:unsure::cool:

tenor.gif

I actually didn’t mean to post the first part of my response. I started typing then erased it and moved to another thread. Decided to come back and reply with the second part that I typed, but I guess it remembered the first part and I didn’t see it.

Anyway, that thread went sideways quickly. I saw it as simply a guy looking for info on a soap. All the other stuff was totally unnecessary.

I actually didn’t mean to post the first part of my response. I started typing then erased it and moved to another thread. Decided to come back and reply with the second part that I typed, but I guess it remembered the first part and I didn’t see it.

Anyway, that thread went sideways quickly. I saw it as simply a guy looking for info on a soap. All the other stuff was totally unnecessary.
INSTIGATOR 😜

troublemaker1.gif

trblmker2.gif

Back