The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Venting.....No offense

samupun

Jr. Shave Member
I just wanted to take a moment to vent and hopefully my experience and its presentation will not be seen as harsh or of ill repute to delete this post.

While I am a new member to SC, I first started with the other shaving forum B&B.
I am relatively new to wet shaving but I was treated with an unfair comment after I made an innocent post by another user on B&B.
Luckily some other forum members came to my support. I was more surprised if not mildly shocked by the terminology used in response to my posting.
I went back today to B&B and noticed again how some posters have made some unfair remarks about a vendor here on SC. Some people are way up too insensitive about how a seller decides to communicate their products and make the final sale.

So far, I really appreciate SC for its supportive and knowledge sharing attitude. Not to imply B&B does not do that, but sometimes when you see postings by other members, lets try to be positive and help each other out. Perhaps, I am been too uptight...who knows...What I do know is that I just wanted to thank SC members for their support for everyone regardless of their knowledge.

Apologies...just had to get off my chest today....

Last edited by a moderator:
First off welcome to the cadre. You are definitely among friends here. We have our rules like a lot of places but I like to think that if there is one thing we have gonig for us it is that a majority of people here are always cordial in their interactions. We have our slip ups but hey we are all human.

We also try hard here to treat each other with respect and when there are disagreements; gentlemanly debate is fine but personal attacks are never fine.

Last edited:
Well because I seem to have missed it the first time around welcome to TSC and we are glad to have you. We do have a lot of fun here and do have a great time getting in a good laugh but everyone is courteous and fair. Whether giving advice when requested, dropping some facts and pointers on all things wet shaving and lots of other "rabbit holes" ...it is a wonderful group you are part of. Enjoy the space...oh and mind the "Daves"...we have lots of dudes named Dave...they are brilliant all of them...but man you'll need a note pad...and they all make videos...:cautious:

I just wanted to take a moment to vent and hopefully my experience and its presentation will not be seen as harsh or of ill repute to delete this post.

While I am a new member to SC, I first started with the other shaving forum B&B.
I am relatively new to wet shaving but I was treated with an unfair comment after I made an innocent post by another user on B&B.
Luckily some other forum members came to my support. I was more surprised if not mildly shocked by the terminology used in response to my posting.
I went back today to B&B and noticed again how some posters have made some unfair remarks about a vendor here on SC. Some people are way up too insensitive about how a seller decides to communicate their products and make the final sale.

So far, I really appreciate SC for its supportive and knowledge sharing attitude. Not to imply B&B does not do that, but sometimes when you see postings by other members, lets try to be positive and help each other out. Perhaps, I am been too uptight...who knows...What I do know is that I just wanted to thank SC members for their support for everyone regardless of their knowledge.

Apologies...just had to get off my chest today....
No offense taken here and I think you will find others here are of similar attitude. We all have our days...but no one here will bash you for your thoughts or opinions. I like to give advice...but we like to listen even more!

Yeah, I've noticed that too....

I started wet shaving because of B&B, but I spend most of my time over here no days. When the great schism occurred, I stayed behind and did not migrate with the rest of by brothers immediately, but I'm so glad I moved over here! Great guys to be sure, I still visit, but the atmosphere is definitely different these days.....

Well, you discovered part of the reason that The Shaving Cadre was created in the first place, and why so many people have migrated here.

Took me an minute to figure out what you meant by SC...…. it's THE Shaving Cadre or TSC, for future reference.

Arne and Ian are still there, we are too good friends, not to stop by.
Why not invite them here?

Well, you discovered part of the reason that The Shaving Cadre was created in the first place, and why so many people have migrated here.

Took me an minute to figure out what you meant by SC...…. it's THE Shaving Cadre or TSC, for future reference.

Why not invite them here?
I will, but I cannot imagine I'm the only one who has invited them. I will give it a try!

Back