The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Vector blade removal issue

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
Okay I just swapped out the blade from my Vector and sliced my thumb....again. The issue is that the blade is so tight on the tabs that they are near impossible to get off. I use a Gem blade to pry the blade up on one side and then pry the other until the blade pops off. Anyone else having a hard time getting the blades out of their Vector?

Okay I just swapped out the blade from my Vector and sliced my thumb....again. The issue is that the blade is so tight on the tabs that they are near impossible to get off. I use a Gem blade to pry the blade up on one side and then pry the other until the blade pops off. Anyone else having a hard time getting the blades out of their Vector?
Sounds like one ready for a BST listing... (give me a heads up)

I have some difficulty but haven't cut myself. It's the close tolerances.

Don’t have a Vector (yet) but very often in my AC razors, the blade will get suctioned or glued on to one side of the head (from residual soap). If I can’t grip the sides, I’ll pop it off with my thumb nail, edge facing me (since most AC razors are positive exposure), almost like flipping a coin.

I started just loosening the head swishing in alcohol between shaves. Then when the blade needs to be trashed I wait til it is dry. Much easier to toss when dry.

Shoot an email over to Blackland. This is a known issue because of the close tolerances. Sorry I didn't take note of the solution because I don't own a Vector.

Shoot an email over to Blackland. This is a known issue because of the close tolerances. Sorry I didn't take note of the solution because I don't own a Vector.
I shot off an email to Blackland a couple of weeks ago asking if this in normal. Well to day I got a new cap in the mail. I praise Blackland for going to great lengths to fix my issue but I find it odd that I got no....none...nada communications during the whole process. There want even a note included with the cap.

The new cap is great and the blade has the perfect amount of tension on the tabs.

I shot off an email to Blackland a couple of weeks ago asking if this in normal. Well to day I got a new cap in the mail. I praise Blackland for going to great lengths to fix my issue but I find it odd that I got no....none...nada communications during the whole process. There want even a note included with the cap.

The new cap is great and the blade has the perfect amount of tension on the tabs.
I think your baseplate and handle are having issues now...

That is odd. I have had mine tight to change but just dealt with it and will continue to I guess. I'm curious to know if the new one is easier therefore different or the same. I don't see how it could be much different if any and still fit the holes of the base plate since the tolerances are so tight.......

Dry Silicone/Teflon non adhesive aerosol. Quick spray over the surface and it provides a clear barrier plus lubricant. It wears over time from all the rinsing but, it does work very well. Just reapply when you feel it lose the smoothness or it gets a little tough to insert. You can use Ballistol, Dupont Non Stick, Molykote 557 and if your iffy on those there are food grade versions such as CRC Food Grade Silicone/Teflon spray. None will attack metals.

Back