The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Unique in Our Dens

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
The purpose of this topic is to initiate a discussion on what you have in your den that isn’t prevalent in other discussion boards, YouTube, Instagram, etc.

It can be a small run or bespoke hardware piece (eg. razor, brush, strop), software (pre-shave, soap, aftershave, balm), or even an artisan service (tailor-made scents, customer service, etc).

I’m interested in what you like that’s different that may not get the attention or something your proud of that’s different for you.

I’ll start below.

Pinnacle Grooming Leo Nerd

1608658092696.jpeg

Upfront
:

I purchased these with my own funds and I have no association with the artisan. I have corresponded with the him on regular, friendly conversations on Instagram.

What I like about this:

I love this soap as it triggers happy memories of when I was a kid - those first three Star Wars movies were the bees knees growing up - not just the movies - but the action figures, comic books, etc.

The fact that the “album art” or in this case label is a take on Leonardo Da Vinci’s Vitruvian Man makes me smile.

This is a Citrus-forward scent - but not a bright citrus - it is tampered down with oak moss and sandalwood in its base notes.

Other fun trivia/ background:

Pinnacle Grooming is an artisan from the UK with Italian influences. Their soap base and aftershave both have ingredients and experience are similar to that of artisans such as Ariana & Evans or Grooming Dept. They have both tallow and vegan/vegetal bases (though not all scents). They have both in-house developed scents as well as homages/dupes. Dupes include your standard Creed colognes, but also have Dior, Viktor & Rolf, and a few Penhaligon’s.

They do sell samples.

Last impression:
Scents are subjective but the one other thing I like is their “fun” scents. I have a special needs child who just started shaving and he likes their Swedish Candy (scented like Swedish Fish). We’ve also purchased their Dr. Pepper and Cola - they are as of this writing enroute in the Mail system.

Anyway - this is one of my unique things in my den. In the future, I’ll pick out a piece of hardware that I’d like to share.

Hah! I like that label art! I’m a Star Wars fan too!

I’ll have to think on this...I don’t believe I have anything unique unfortunately 🤔

The art on the tub is what struck me first, I think that is super creative. Regardless of what is inside I give them props for the name and artwork.

I’m going to do a little self promotion here but ONLY because I think it is appropriate given the context of the thread. I am a real fan of the old school soap bowl and the idea that fine soaps come in fine containers. My unique item is the Bamboo bowl filled with various soaps.
D1883CE9-F69F-47B3-94E7-EC8B032759E1.jpeg
these are inspired by another of my favorite items...the Williams soap in currier and Ives bowls

I’m going to do a little self promotion here but ONLY because I think it is appropriate given the context of the thread. I am a real fan of the old school soap bowl and the idea that fine soaps come in fine containers. My unique item is the Bamboo bowl filled with various soaps.
View attachment 43196
these are inspired by another of my favorite items...the Williams soap in currier and Ives bowls
I do like those bowls! I think your Orion soap glass bowls are really unique as well

I don’t think I have anything that is unique. But I’m sure @Spider does.
I don't have much that is truly unique. Certainly a lot that is rare. And any bespoke soap I have came from @CBLSoap.com !

Probably the only One of a Kind pieces I have came from my Grandmother after my Grandfather died. Prototype Amway aftershave bottles, that he helped make.

To read more on the backstory, click here: Scents of your forefathers you remember

Old Pic, sorry about the watermark
L-R: Gramophone (production prototype w/ brown glass), Powder Flask, Gramophone (pre-production w/clear glass)
AMway.jpg

I don't have much that is truly unique. Certainly a lot that is rare. And any bespoke soap I have came from @CBLSoap.com !

Probably the only One of a Kind pieces I have came from my Grandmother after my Grandfather died. Prototype Amway aftershave bottles, that he helped make.

To read more on the backstory, click here: Scents of your forefathers you remember

Old Pic, sorry about the watermark
L-R: Gramophone (production prototype w/ brown glass), Powder Flask, Gramophone (pre-production w/clear glass)
View attachment 43207
Truly remarkable and a beautiful set - but what I like most is the personal connection you have with it!

I have a few things, will take some photos and post soon here is one that is a bespoke razor from Koraat the Ice Dragon
6/8 Full Bellied Hollow
Zebra Damascus and Dragon head leading design and Blue Dragon scales

Koraat Ice Dragon Zebra Damascus.jpg

Back