The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Two Swedes, a Japanese Lady and Child, Plus a German…

@TaipeiJake Heljestrand MK-30? Chunky scales on it, they kinda look like Bone, but the older Heljestrands had thick cut Ivory. Ivory or bone?

Lovely Jnat BTW, Nice Asagi color, Ozuko?

Definitely looking to hear more about your razors and your experiences with them. Please elaborate!

@TaipeiJake Heljestrand MK-30? Chunky scales on it, they kinda look like Bone, but the older Heljestrands had thick cut Ivory. Ivory or bone?

Lovely Jnat BTW, Nice Asagi color, Ozuko?

It‘s an MK-29 (4/8”), a thin and short little razor, making the bone scales look chunkier than they really are. It’s a Nakayama Asagi.

It‘s an MK-29 (4/8”), a thin and short little razor, making the bone scales look chunkier than they really are. It’s a Nakayama Asagi.
Brilliant! I love Swedish race cars like the 29-32, fantastic blades in my opinion! The Nakayama Asagi is wonderful, I have a Nakayama Asagi Koppa which I like a lot, but needs more work. Cheers! have a great week!

I’ve shaved with the MK-29. It is a tiny little razor that really zips around the nooks and crannies. I got it because I used to have a 4/8ths that I enjoyed. This one I’m not feeling the joy yet. It’s really light, small, and hard to control, like a Ferrari on black ice. I’ll get there, but it may take a bit of doing. There’s also an MK-24 in there that is unrestored and unshaveready whose real purpose is for honing/edge experimentation. I haven’t had time to try the F.W.Engels yet, but am looking forward to it

Back