The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Twinkies

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Anyone remember the great Twinkie scare of 2012, when the company went bankrupt, and we thought we had lost Twinkies forever?

twinkies_died.jpg

It was almost a Twinkie-pocalypse!

1677267596278.png

Luckily, that didn't last long, and 6 months later, Twinkie returned to the store shelves.

photo.jpg

Are you a fan of the Twinkie? How do you enjoy them?

For me, there's two ways to get the most enjoyment out of a twinkie.

The first it to simply freeze them. Not sure why, but they are better that way.

The ultimate twinkie is the deep-fried twinkie, but there's a caveat. The one's you might find at a fair or a festival are dipped in a batter before frying. The makes them too much, and the batter taste overwhelms the flavor of the Twinkie. The best way is to just fry them directly, yourself. Drop them in for just a few seconds, it doesn't take long. Just long enough for the outside to brown and crisp up. The heat liquifies the cream inside and makes it a gooey delight. Pure heaven. It's one of my favorite dessert treats.

Fun Fact: In Mexico, you know what they call Twinkies? Los submarinos.
u1ZAlua8cKCjnMxzGN_FeGaCxYr4hqVxgVGRWA3-y-s.jpg

Anyone remember the great Twinkie scare of 2012, when the company went bankrupt, and we thought we had lost Twinkies forever?

twinkies_died.jpg

It was almost a Twinkie-pocalypse!

View attachment 105873

Luckily, that didn't last long, and 6 months later, Twinkie returned to the store shelves.

photo.jpg

Are you a fan of the Twinkie? How do you enjoy them?

For me, there's two ways to get the most enjoyment out of a twinkie.

The first it to simply freeze them. Not sure why, but they are better that way.

The ultimate twinkie is the deep-fried twinkie, but there's a caveat. The one's you might find at a fair or a festival are dipped in a batter before frying. The makes them too much, and the batter taste overwhelms the flavor of the Twinkie. The best way is to just fry them directly, yourself. Drop them in for just a few seconds, it doesn't take long. Just long enough for the outside to brown and crisp up. The heat liquifies the cream inside and makes it a gooey delight. Pure heaven. It's one of my favorite dessert treats.

Fun Fact: In Mexico, you know what they call Twinkies? Los submarinos.
u1ZAlua8cKCjnMxzGN_FeGaCxYr4hqVxgVGRWA3-y-s.jpg
We have those here at most of the Mexican markets… well we have Zombies too

I remember when that happened. We even got / still have one of the "At Home" twinkie makers....

Back