The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TV Shows

Anyone else watch Slow Horses on Apple TV? Just finished up the third season and this show is absolutely fantastic! Is there a role that Gary Oldman can't play?
Haven't seen the third yet, but the first two are excellent. Oldman seemed to figure more in the second and was magnificent.

Anyone else watch Slow Horses on Apple TV? Just finished up the third season and this show is absolutely fantastic! Is there a role that Gary Oldman can't play?
Yep, it really good, though it can get a bit too far fetched for my taste, the characters are so good, it's worth it.

Yep, it really good, though it can get a bit too far fetched for my taste, the characters are so good, it's worth it.
Almost every show or movie in this realm is going to be embellished. If you had a show exactly about the "spy world" no one would watch it it would be so boring. But the show got a lot of things right. Not specific to MI5, but in general trade craft. I love shows like these.

So...if you want to lose all faith in humanity Netflix has a three episode documentary called The Program: Cons, Cults, and Kidnapping. I haven't been this pissed off at human kind since I worked Human Trafficking cases.

"Manhunt," a factually based drama about attempts to apprehend John Wilkes Booth following his assassination of President Abraham Lincoln.

Top notch acting, cinematography, costumes, moral arches, cultural contexts, etc..

Well… we binged the last 4 episodes of Fallout and I was skeptical, but now hooked. From ep3 on it was fantastic. Bad news now? We wait for season 2
We finished it last week. Like you, I was skepitcal at first but it turned out to be pretty good. It wasn't as campy as I thoguht it might be from the first episode or 2. I look forward to seeing where it goes

Fallout is Soooooo good! 8 episodes was not enough. We want so much more.

Midnight Mass was really good, we really loved it. Great casting.
Watched Fallout as well. much better than I expected. I still have the last episode to watch...Danger baby did Danger things and diverted my attention.

Well… we binged the last 4 episodes of Fallout and I was skeptical, but now hooked. From ep3 on it was fantastic. Bad news now? We wait for season 2
Which probably means about two years. Hollywood kind of sucks right now on anything good. Their time lines are so drawn out.

Watched a couple episodes of Dead Boy Detectives on Netflix. It is definitely a Neil Gaiman work. I wasn't so sure about it watching it as the "Dead Boy Detectives" were introduced in the "Doom Patrol" series on MAX. This show is definitely different from what was put forth in Doom Patrol. And so for, only a couple of episodes in, this show is fantastic. Though what Neil Gaiman's fascination with cats is, I will never know.

Back