The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

So... Murphy is Amazing on so many levels... He waits for just the right moment to strike..... Case in point.

1. He waits until you spend a couple of "C notes" on Cigars.
2. He waits until you disconnect the humidor to add Distilled Water to the Cigar Oasis 3.0
3 He waits until you shut down the Audew humidor to clean thus removing Humidity that is so precious in the Sahara we call Arizona
4. He waits until you run out of Boveda packs in your Tupperdor to place said Cigars, while cleaning said Humidor which is unplugged
5. He waits until the ribbon Strip breaks thus making above said Cigar Oasis has no electricity
6. He waits until Christmas Week to o so

HE Comes off his perch like an evil Elf on a Shelf and strikes!!!

Time to Macgyver. To explain The Cigar Oasis 3.0 is an electric humidor that regulates humidity via a distilled water cellulose sponge, that is also monitored by a phone app. Perfect for the dry AZ area. The Audew is a Coolador that is much like a wine fridge, but made specifically for cigars. To date both units have been perfect, and controlled by a phone app that monitors both and temp and humidity so I don't have to. Of course this being Christmas week, and once ordered it will be after X mas until the replacement ribbon connector is here. SO...... must find fire wire connector. OOPs I have an Iphone! HAHA my flashlight has a firewire....... Problem. It is not long enough ( story of my life ) Anywas was able to find a dual connector that will work and with some MacGyvering was able to limp it back to the back 136/138 to get the cigars back to their home environment It is like having those locker aliens from Men In Black to take care of. GEEZE. LOL

SO crisis averted and 2nd smoke of the day

12.20.2022.2.jpg
*SIGH*
:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

For temporary, you can soak a sponge in xikar fluid and just lay it in the humidor/igloodor. It has a partial vapor pressure of 70% so will keep things ok till repairs are made.

For temporary, you can soak a sponge in xikar fluid and just lay it in the humidor/igloodor. It has a partial vapor pressure of 70% so will keep things ok till repairs are made.
Ya I did that for about 2 hours while I hunted for a cord

Back