The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

1st smoke:
Oscar Validares 2012 BarberPole Toro 6x52

IMG_1982.jpeg

The presentation is wonderful and very unique the contrast of the Candela with the San Andreas is striking. Box pressed being a bonus

1st third: initial torch and draw was extremely green and grassy to my palate. I was worried at 1st but 2nd draw still was grassy but a green sweetness came through as I expect with a candela. Agree with Tim, that a monster pepper note on retrohale a light chocolate coffee note is present as well. As it burns into the Maduro the flavors jump a bunch with a cinnamon roll( but not sweet) comes through
2nd 3rd:
Actually the cigar mellows a bit as the candela and Maduro really start to share the same space. I start to get almost a cookie dough thickness, and a very nice oily feeling in the mouth. The aroma becomes a bit more “bread baking” vibe with a nice spice in tje mouth as well with the grass still making itself known

Final 3rd:
The aroma takes on a sweet creaminess to my nose here. The cigar stays mellow and delicious and does not get harsh as many do. It does remind me a bit of the Carreras Chupacabra Hell Cat , but without the smack in the palate. In a way it takes on almost a pipe Virginia note, but again not sweet
The ash and burn is very consistent. After letting the cigar sit for a bit to clean the palate the grassiness comes back with some coffee and chocolate in final stages of the stick

Absolutely wondeful.
My rating 92-94
Total smoke time: 1.45 hrs

Lovely

Yesterday I watched the Cigar Daily episode that discussed cutting and had to try Tim’s technique for V-cutting a torpedo end cigar.

IMG_3932.jpeg

Cigar Numero Uno for today
A Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro... and a Root Beer & Pedro the Cigar Gnome

08.06.2023.jpg

Back