The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Smoke Lounge

I've been on a serious Rocky Patel ride this summer!

Very much enjoyed this ROCKY PATEL VINTAGE CONNECTICUT 1999 TORPEDO last night!
...in fact, I found this to be significantly better than the RP White Label that costs nearly twice as much.

LOVE the classic tapered torpedo/pyramid shaped tip and the mild and mellow, smooth and slightly nutty flavor of this one!
And that aged silky Connecticut wrapper is as good as it gets!

Here it is, freshly cut right before being fired up:
20230612_175227.jpg

PEACE!
Bobby G.

Hey @NurseDave and @CVargo ( since I know you will look)

This a fantastic cigar. Saw these in the shop and bought a few

Diamond Crown Julius Caeser Robusto
Ya ya Caeser is spelled different. This was JC Newman’s name. And as such a tribute to his 135 birthday, and JC Newman’s 115 anniversary.

These are rolled in limited batches by the Arturo Fuente rolling house and have a Ecuadorian-Havana see wrapper, Dominican binder, and a mix of South American, and Caribbean filler

Extremely smooth! Coffee, a tad of sweetness on the retrohale. Spicy and woody with a very oily buttery finish!

Outstanding. I will be finding more

IMG_1195.jpeg

Oliva Black Swan. Perfect with a cup of Joe
IMG_1234.jpeg
May become my favorite Olivia….. by a long shot! Mild, Dark and a bit spicy on retrohale with espresso, dark chocolate, a bit of oak , and just a touch of sweetness in the smoke. To my palate anyway. A beautiful flavorful Maduro
Delicious. @CVargo you NEED these!

Back