The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC printable/viewable cookbook

SWEET. I will be raiding my wife's cookbooks for a couple of my favorites! I hope others are submitting as well!

Should I send websites for our favorite take out? :D

The owners had the idea and I have agreed to assist in putting this together if we can gather enough interest for it. If you would like to submit 1-2 recipes to add to the book please pm me for my email address that you can email them too for me to put together in a book type format.
I'll have to decide on a couple of favorites to add!

The owners had the idea and I have agreed to assist in putting this together if we can gather enough interest for it. If you would like to submit 1-2 recipes to add to the book please pm me for my email address that you can email them too for me to put together in a book type format.
Is a must receive by date? I think I have a couple of recipes that I can contribute.

It was my distinct pleasure to be able to observe several of our Russian friends at a dinner some years ago. They were amazing in the amount of beverages they could consume! And they wouldn’t stop until they were completely annhilated, unable to consume any more.

Keto Friendly:
BarberDave's Jarlsberg Cheese & Onion Spread.

Ingredients:

2 cups shredded Jarlsberg Cheese
1/2 Red onion
1-2 cups Avocado Mayonnaise
pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt (to taste)
Pinch of Garlic powder
Pinch of Fresh ground Black pepper
6 Almond Flour Crackers ( per serving) or for non-keto use Ritz or your favorite cracker or chip

Shred Cheese from fresh block of Jarlsberg
Cut or shredd Red onion into 1/4 inch ling strips

Mix together with Mayonnaise and all spices to taste.

Allow to ingredients marry in refrigerator for at least 2 hours spread on crackers and pair with a light ale or Savignon Blanc

Keto version is only 2 net carbs per serving

IMG_1259.jpgIMG_1260.jpgIMG_1261.jpg

Having lunch today with my boy, and Megan and I where talking about the Zoom call... and I mentioned I need some recipes. This is when Connor spoke up and said, "Have they tried honey on their corndog yet? If not they are missing out." So there ya go... the 6 year old has participated!

BarberDave's Chicken Salad ( Keto Friendly)

Ingredients:

1 Garlic Herb Rotisserie Chicken
1 1/4 Avocado Mayo ( or mayo of choice )
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
1/4 Teaspoon Dill
1/8 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 Cup seedless grapes cut in half
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup diced celery
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
2 teaspoons granualted garlic
1 Cup diced apple ( optional and not Keto)

Remove as much chicken as desired ( skin inlcuded ) and rough chop and place in large mixing bowl
add remaining spices, grapes etc.
IMG_1418.jpgIMG_1417.jpg

Add Mayo, mustard stir to incorporate and Chill for at least one hour to meld flavor.

IMG_1419.jpg

Serve as Sandwich on favorite bread, alone or on Low Carb Tomato Basil Wrap W Keto Tortilla Chips

wrap.jpg

Enjoy.

My blasphemous chili.

1 pound ground beef
1 pound jar of salsa hot/med/or mild to taste (I use Taco Bell salsa)
1 pound can chili beans hot/med/mild to taste (I use Bush's best)
1/2 cup frozen sweet corn
chili powder to taste

Brown and drain the ground beef, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes to get the flavors cooked in, and it's ready to go.

To me, this is an awesome chili. I call it the blasphemous chili because it offends some of the purists that say you have to cook it for 96 hours and only use X ingredients or it's not "real" chili.
It prepares quickly and easily, the ratio stays the same no matter how much you need so it's easy to plan, and I have never thrown any away in the 20+ years I have been making it. The sweet corn takes the tart and acidity out of the salsa making a really good flavor.

May not be for everyone, but that's about all I got...

Vesper Martini (Todd's Version)

3 oz. Ketel One vodka
1 oz. Bombay Sapphire gin
1/2 oz. Lillet Blanc

First place your martini glass of choice in the freezer and allow to chill for at least 15 minutes. Put ice in the glass half of a shaker set. Pour the above ingredients into the shaker. Cover with the metal half of the shaker set and shake away until the liquid contents are a nice frothy consistency. Remove martini glass from freezer and strain contents of shaker into glass leaving ice behind. Finish with a lemon twist.

Back