The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Photo Contest #1 - Black & White 05.25.2020 to 06.01.2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Ok Photographers:
Our 1st weekly photo contest is underway. Can be any subject matter and compositions as long as it is done is Black and White. No Sepia or tonal, just pure black and white. Please submit one photo only for contest consideration in this thread as a reply, with Title of photo and How it was shot.

Good Luck!

These are not submissions. Examples:

kWpGc26l.jpg

Date: 01.01.2020 / Tucson, AZ - Miracle Mile /Time Exposure / Canon 7D mark 5 50mm F2.8 /4 seconds

sxTUlVrh.jpg

Date: 01.01.2020 / San Xavier Mission -Tucson / Iphone 11 Pro max / F3.4 / iso400 / RAW
These are again just examples. NOT FOR SUBMISSION IN CONTEST

I'll have to see if I have something more recent. Most of mine actually exceed the 365 day time limit.... Man, I really slack off at every turn don't I?

Just saw this. Actually a little excited to see what people post here. I'll try to get something...though I think my photography skills are probably lacking a bit.

Okay...well other than Dave's beautiful works of art...I guess I am the first to post a pic.

"State of Education"

Taken in Transylvania, LA...North East Louisiana near Lake Providence and Poverty Point. This area floods from the Mississippi River almost annually.

Taken on a Google Pixel 2 - July 24, 2019

Transylvannia School-b and w.png

Last edited:
Fro the 1st contest no time frame on shots, but please place description as mentioned about our 1st two entries.. AWESOME!

This one was from when I was still shooting on film. Would have been a Fuji ISO 100 film as that was the B&W film I could get local. I would say about an F5.6 at 200 just from what I normally would shoot at at that time. There was a very low set fill flash in a softbox off to the photographer rear right. Just enough to even things out as the light was coming from behind the model.

_MG_0062-Edit.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back