The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Glencairn Glass!!!!!

Would you Purchase a two pack of TSC Glencairn glasses?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ya gotta use the small ones for pickleback shots.

View attachment 65367

Um… I have a joke about Bushmills Black Label that would get me kicked out of the Cadre so I’ll not tell it here. An Irishman named Gerry O’Connell (go figure) used to bring me a bottle from the Dublin duty free shop when we worked together in Milan… Being an almost local (he flew home most weekends 😳). That was a lot of Bushmills.

For us non-alcoholics, what do the different glasses do?

Thank you for a serious answer to a serious question.
Sorry John for joking around it was not meant badly...
Seriously though,
Due to its size, the Glencairn is the perfect glass for learning how to swirl whisky too, a practice commonly used to open up the aromas of whisky for full appreciation. Again, a bowl-shape channels aromas towards a narrowed rim. The Glencairn Glass actually enhances the aromas and flavors of whiskey.

and ...

I have been known to swirl too, but if you want to be snooty about it, you don’t swirl high ABV alcohol because the alcohol vapors overpower

Sorry John for joking around it was not meant badly...
Seriously though,
Due to its size, the Glencairn is the perfect glass for learning how to swirl whisky too, a practice commonly used to open up the aromas of whisky for full appreciation. Again, a bowl-shape channels aromas towards a narrowed rim. The Glencairn Glass actually enhances the aromas and flavors of whiskey.

and ...
No problem. I thought your post was funny.

Why be sorry for joking around? It’s part of what we do here, and part of what makes The Cadre, what it is….. a great place to hang out and have fun. Have you read my posts???
Yes I have read your post and many others but like john said it was a serious question and I didn't just give a serious reply to his question. Maybe if I had gave a serious answer and then the joke , but I did it backwards. Its all fine now. Have a great day.

Yes I have read your post and many others but like john said it was a serious question and I didn't just give a serious reply to his question. Maybe if I had gave a serious answer and then the joke , but I did it backwards. Its all fine now. Have a great day.
I feel like a heel. My "serious" reply was tongue in cheek.

Back