The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Celebrates Bourbon Heritage Month 2022

Well.... @NurseDave has a mustache....so.....that would mean the yo-yo is....
Absolutely! …and the banned member is…

I cannot wait until the 31 days of Christmas and the 31 gifts that are going to show up on Steven‘s front porch I may even have my niece hand-deliver them🤣

Last year we celebrated National Bourbon Heritage month and we are here to do it again. See the fun from last year here: TSC Celebrates Bourbon Heritage Month Sept. 2021

This year once again the goal is to have a sip of bourbon each night ideally a different bourbon if possible and compare the nuances as you work your way through the month.

The only caveat is it must be bourbon; for that I show you the definition of bourbon pay attention to #1 although the others are just as relevant.

View attachment 92557

Now within the bourbon world we have a lot of nuances is it straight, bottled in bond, batched, single barrel, barrel proof, barrel strength?

It does not matter as long as it is indeed bourbon.

All are welcome neat drinker, over ice, a splash of water, or even cocktails.

Cheers!

This seems like a one-man parade....with an army of hecklers lined up to watch.

How did Chad's typing of "Tolerates" get auto-corrected to "Celebrates" ??? :unsure:

A little bourbon humor before tomorrow

View attachment 92563

I'm not sure you want to drink any liquid that you may find on that street.......most of it has passed through someone before.

So..... better than bourbon? :unsure:

I'm in, but I'll have to buy some airplane bottles to round it out. I think I have 15 examples right now. Need 15 more, should be doable

I'm not over thinking it or doing any math, I'm just planning on drinking every night. 🤣 🥃

Does it have to be bourbon? 🤪 I have an assortment of Rye and Irish as well as a few others...but I am lacking in the bourbon inventory.

As an aside...I was listening to some programing yesterday with a local whiskey seller. Basically he said that the Whiskey/Bourbon market has slowed down quite a bit as of late. Most likely because of the economy and such. But this guys was saying that it is easier to find some whiskeys that are normally hard to find. He said it still might not be super easy...but you chances are better now than they have been.

Also, if you are looking for that hard to find whiskey...September - November is usually when the rare whiskeys get released.

Allocated season!

I'm sorry, you're looking for Excuse to Be an Alcoholic Month. Or like we call it around here, The Cadre.

The purpose is to celebrate America's spirit. Inline edit (and to give something new for Nursedave to complain about) So if we are going to operate in the gray area I'd say American whiskey or ryes made in America are fine.

Irish while delicious is the what are ya drinking thread lol.

Oh...I don't need an excuse to drink. I live in a state where they have drive through daquiri places. Drive up...get it in a Styrofoam cup...they even insert the straw for you...drive away.

Also...I can walk into a Walmart on a Friday or Saturday evening...buy a bottle of bourbon, a shotgun, and a box of shells.

Peshaw! I don't need an excuse.

BHM is like Sturgis. You take part once, see the drunks and “bourbon drinkers” then move on to a more refined, gentlemanly alcohol experience, like scotch
Like comparing a Harley to a Ducati 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Nothing super fancy tonight…but boy does it taste good!

View attachment 92628

Very proud of chad to ignore the rabble and mocking and press on with his ill-advised, self-indulgent, vanity project of despair.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH

@heysi pulls the trifecta. Makes fun of Bourbon, makes fun of @CVargo, and wins the inter webs for the day

We don’t want that. your head will look like a landing Beacon🤪🤪🤪😂😂J/k

Why am I always playing the straight man to you and @BarberDave ? I'm the one with the comedy chops.

Apparently not 🤪

You are our Abbott, our Martin, and that Smother brother no one remembers

Bill. No, Curtis. No, wait it’ll come to me. Juan! Pretty sure it was Juan Smother

Little known fact:

The Smothers Brothers went to the same high school as me.

...too easy...

So are you friends with the yo-yo or with the mustache

A rare video of @heysi in full Las Vegas regalia

I love that Jam.

Um...too easy.

It was meant for you that way😂 I was hoping you’d bite
Just remember I’ll still bomb you with watches

Well.... @NurseDave has a mustache....so.....that would mean the yo-yo is....

Absolutely! …and the banned member is…

I cannot wait until the 31 days of Christmas and the 31 gifts that are going to show up on Steven‘s front porch I may even have my niece hand-deliver them🤣

Well not bourbon per se. But definitely American! Good old Pennsylvania Rye! Not far from @Fenster ‘s and @ShawnF ‘s neck of the woods!

View attachment 92692

View attachment 92696
Evening brothers! A little liquid to help smooth out this old razor. Cheers
waiting-house-md.gif

32d3aabd6eabab0c449d8372dae9718a.gif

just-watching-watching.gif

Back