The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC Celebrates Bourbon Heritage Month 2022

Cvargo

“They call me Chingo”
Owner
Legacy
1661981297023.png
Last year we celebrated National Bourbon Heritage month and we are here to do it again. See the fun from last year here: TSC Celebrates Bourbon Heritage Month Sept. 2021

This year once again the goal is to have a sip of bourbon each night ideally a different bourbon if possible and compare the nuances as you work your way through the month.

The only caveat is it must be bourbon; for that I show you the definition of bourbon pay attention to #1 although the others are just as relevant.

1661981556285.png

Now within the bourbon world we have a lot of nuances is it straight, bottled in bond, batched, single barrel, barrel proof, barrel strength?

It does not matter as long as it is indeed bourbon.

All are welcome neat drinker, over ice, a splash of water, or even cocktails.

Cheers!

I'm in, but I'll have to buy some airplane bottles to round it out. I think I have 15 examples right now. Need 15 more, should be doable

Does it have to be bourbon? 🤪 I have an assortment of Rye and Irish as well as a few others...but I am lacking in the bourbon inventory.

As an aside...I was listening to some programing yesterday with a local whiskey seller. Basically he said that the Whiskey/Bourbon market has slowed down quite a bit as of late. Most likely because of the economy and such. But this guys was saying that it is easier to find some whiskeys that are normally hard to find. He said it still might not be super easy...but you chances are better now than they have been.

Also, if you are looking for that hard to find whiskey...September - November is usually when the rare whiskeys get released.

Does it have to be bourbon? 🤪 I have an assortment of Rye and Irish as well as a few others...but I am lacking in the bourbon inventory.
The purpose is to celebrate America's spirit. Inline edit (and to give something new for Nursedave to complain about) So if we are going to operate in the gray area I'd say American whiskey or ryes made in America are fine.

Irish while delicious is the what are ya drinking thread lol.

I'm sorry, you're looking for Excuse to Be an Alcoholic Month. Or like we call it around here, The Cadre.
Oh...I don't need an excuse to drink. I live in a state where they have drive through daquiri places. Drive up...get it in a Styrofoam cup...they even insert the straw for you...drive away.

Also...I can walk into a Walmart on a Friday or Saturday evening...buy a bottle of bourbon, a shotgun, and a box of shells.

Peshaw! I don't need an excuse.

BHM is like Sturgis. You take part once, see the drunks and “bourbon drinkers” then move on to a more refined, gentlemanly alcohol experience, like scotch
Like comparing a Harley to a Ducati 🤪🤪🤪🤪

Back