The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

TSC 1st Annual Gold Dollar Razor Modification Contest - SEE BELOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
TSC Members:

We are Proud to Announce The 1st Annual TSC Gold Dollar Modification Contest. Dates of the Contest are below.

1660186450965.png

2022 Gold Dollar Modification Contest Timeline:

Dates:
08.10.2022 - 9.14.2022- Sign-ups and time for contestants to acquire materials and planning
09.15.2022 -11.30.2022 - Contest
12.01.2022 - 12.10.2022 -Members Choice Judging
01.05.2022 - 01.12.2022 - Auction of Razors ( 20% of proceeds to the TSC / 80% to the Choice of Charities by the Contest Winner

Rules:
1. Open to all TSC members with at least 30-days of membership and 50 Quality posts.
2. All modifications must be done on a Gold Dollar 66, and must have modifications to the blade and a set of customs scales
3. Upon completion of contest razor(s), a Shave Video or photo of the Modified Razor with you shaving must be posted in the contest thread
4. You are encouraged to post progress of your modifications during the contest
5. You are allowed to submit up to (3) razors

Once the contest is completed 11.30.2022 or soon thereafter, you will need to submit 2 -photos of the razor for judging
The contest will be a "peoples choice" with Prizes to the top 5 contestants provided by the TSC

The TSC will award prizes to the Top 5 contestants
(Prizes to be announced at beginning of Contest)

* NOTE THERE WILL AN OFFICIAL CONTEST THREAD AT BEGINNING OF CONTEST*

Should you have any questions, please contact BarberDave, CVargo, or CBLinsday via PM

GOOD LUCK!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________( please copy below this line)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________( please copy below this line)
1. @Luecke3262

@BarberDave details on this auction thing? All razors made for the contest will be auctioned? or just the winners?

I'm going to sign up just in case, but no promises on actually completing a razor.

1. @Luecke3262
2. Fenster
3. Spider

@BarberDave details on this auction thing? All razors made for the contest will be auctioned? or just the winners?

I'm going to sign up just in case, but no promises on actually completing a razor.

1. @Luecke3262
2. Fenster
3. Spider
All will be auctioned

Hey @Fenster We discussed it and for This contest since it’s going to be peoples choice we did not want to skew that by having any of our logos plus we’ve got branding concerns, and vendors do pay to use our logo, so with that in mind,no logos whatsoever on any of the scales or the blades or anything like that. Maybe in the future, when we have a specific contest we may open that up but not for this contest. Thanks for asking

Wish I had the time and skill…

Excited to see what comes out of this! I’ve seen some pretty awesome GD mods in past years!

Going to sit this one out. Can't do the video or picture of me shaving haha. That and I have a bunch of shop work to finish and I have an orthopedic appointment on the 19th for my shoulder. Not sure what is going to happen with that yet...

Can't wait to see the awesome stuff these guys will make and I hope they put up a lot of in progress pictures.

Oh, why not? The last one came out pretty good. Though the prices have gone up. I was able to get them for $4.50 each last time around lol.

1. @Luecke3262
2. Fenster
3. Spider
4. Smattayu

Any sources on the Gold Dollar Razors because I know that was becoming a problem at that "other" place. The razors were either going for very expensive or were taking several months to get here. Also what about the razors that aren't labeled as 66 but were the same razor but with different scales are they gonna be allowed?

Last edited:
I gotta think so. I had a few I‘ve been using as practice razors And will be using them

Any sources on the Gold Dollar Razors because I know that was becoming a problem at that "other" place. The razors were either going for very expensive or were taking several months to get here. Also what about the razors that aren't labeled as 66 but were the same razor but with different scales are they gonna be allowed?
They must be 66’ s but as long as they can be verified as such we will be fine and I know both Matt and Eric already have some on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back