The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Today I Learned………

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Thought I‘d start of string to put little things of things we didn‘t know, peculiar tidbits, or fun facts…….

I’ll start. Today I learned that we have huge rocks that travel across Death Valley and leave trails behind. Looks like this was first discovered a little less than a century ago, but no one could figure out why…….

99 years later

Apparently, all it takes is some thin ice and a slightly harder than light breeze to do the trick……go figure.

1648846506971.gif

Thought I‘d start of string to put little things of things we didn‘t know, peculiar tidbits, or fun facts…….

I’ll start. Today I learned that we have huge rocks that travel across Death Valley and leave trails behind. Looks like this was first discovered a little less than a century ago, but no one could figure out why…….

99 years later

Apparently, all it takes is some thin ice and a slightly harder than light breeze to do the trick……go figure.

View attachment 79324
That was a classic mystery as I grew up, it was pretty cool to see the mystery solved. Now if you want to go down another fascinating mystery, check out the Death Velley Germans!

That was a classic mystery as I grew up, it was pretty cool to see the mystery solved. Now if you want to go down another fascinating mystery, check out the Death Velley Germans!
You have piqued my interest sir - I will look it up!

Interesting

Back