The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

the Tranformation of skypsyd to XenoStr8shaver

BarberDave

I pre-date cheese sauce
Owner
Veteran
Legacy
First Responder
Well,
I guess it is about time I introduce, or re-introduce myself to the wonderful Gentlemen that supported this crazy idea to go after a Goliath. So 1st and foremost thank you for the realization of an idea that Chad and I had pondered for a long time and Chris was so kind to join us on the adventure.

I need to specifically thank Chad and Chris for doing the Lion's share of the work so far, as most of the "old cadre" knows with the caregiving of my MIL, as well as my retirement , ( HAHA that is a joke) and my new venture, things have been a bit busy to say the least. Although skypsyd has a great deal of meaning to me, and made me recognizable at the other joint, I felt that, "out with the old, and in with the new" was a good choice with things that occured "over there"

So, as a tribute to the great Ferrari driver "Franco" in the Gumball Rally.... "What is behind me is not important ( and he rips the rearview mirror off the car )

So enough about that and here is a bit about me, for those that do not know me already. Here goes.

My name is Dave or David as it were I am 53 yrs old, retired.... well sort of, from a long career as a Managing General Agent and Brokerage owner in the Insurance Industry. A fall through a roof facilitated that carreer as I and my lovely wife Sharon were both Firefighter / Paramedics. She left that to become an Quality Control / Electrical Engineer for Texas Instruments, of which she is still there, but inching closer to giving them the flying fickle finger of faith, and retiring herself.

I previous to that was in the USAF and retired early (14 yrs) as a 1T2X1 or ParaRescueman.

Most of you may remember me from the B&B Radio Show. Good News that a new show will be gracing this site in the near future along with podcasts, a youtube page and more

Currently I am the Director of Retail and Men's Grooming for the Gentlemen's Chamber Barbershops, a line of start up Old school barbers shops.

I am a straight shaver most of the time and Master Enabler, LOL ( yes there will be aCentral Enablement Center re-boot ) I enjoy all brands of soaps, AS, and a certifiable Frag Head.

As of 04.01.2018 I re-arranged and inventoried, and realized I have issues....... ROFL

372 Soaps / Creams does not include samples of parts and pieces ( this number has gone up now that I get everything at cost from all the suppliers....Ruh Roh )

437 Aftershaves of Different types, ages and so forthe

152 Fragrances ( colognes, EdT, EdP, Absolutes and Oud Oils )

75 Straight Razors all in rotation

53 DE Razors both new and old

3 SE razors ( Gem, Everready, Injector )

2 feather types ( DX kami, DX Folder

Blades out the wazoo.

Will I buy More???????? of course... Will I enable... Not even a question...

Will you join me on this Ride...... I certainly Hope so.

Take care

"We are all Mad here you know......"

Dave, my daughter owns, with a business partner, a salon and spa here in town. We recently learned that one of the oldest barber shops here is likely coming up for sale. I've been thinking of buying it and becoming licensed. Our thoughts are providing full high end barber services including full shave and all of the fixings, draft beer, wine and perhaps a Scotch. Taking the banter here in the forum face to face is the draw for me. My goal will be to become the highest skilled barber as possible so I can charge the highest prices possible so I do not have to cut/shave as many heads per hour. Essentially shoot the $h!& over a beer with my patrons, is the draw for me. But when I think about what all of that will require, I think that keeping my day job for a while longer is a better solution.

That is exactly what I did here and it is alot of work but so much fun

372 soaps you say? I look forward to your first BST post. ;)

Welcome Dave. Good to see you able to break away from the real world for a few minutes.

About time, Dave! I'll repeat what I said for Chris and Chad's intro in that I'm honored to be able to begin this adventure with you.

357 soaps? Great googly moogly, sir!

Dave!!!!!!!!! I still probably will hold you to that interview of a newbie just so the other Dave can hear me sound like Opie Taylor.

Welcome to the Cadre Dave, LOL!
1f61c.png

Hey Dave, nice to met you!
1f609.png

Great intro!

Thanks to you, Chris L, and Chad for making this happen!

Greetings and hallucinations Dave! It’s an honor to be in on this grand adventure with you and the gentlemen above ^^^ A jolly crew we all make!

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for sharing your recent personal inventory! Now I don't feel so bad. Maybe I can share your post with my sweet, young, and lovely? Nah! I think her response would be something like, "You're all nuts! It's just weird! Weird!"
1f61c.png
YUP! I'm so misunderstood!
1f601.png

Hey John You started me down this path, LOL and /thanks Rob

Nice to meet you.

I’d say you have quite a collection but that would be a lie...as it would be a serious understatement!

Thank you for your service!

The Monkey said:
Dave, what kind d of nut has that many razors?

What kind of nut has only three SE razors and two Feather AC?

Seriously Dave, thanks for helping to start this and I am really looking forward to the radio show again.

Back