The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The traditional 9th anniversary gift is pottery...

OpusX

TSC’s Master of Warp Cores, Alchemy, Ale, & Cider
Wife and I recently celebrated our 9th anniversary. I tend to try and stick to the traditional gift themes for the year, with this one being pottery. Being that the case I may have heavily hinted at (and then deeply explained) shaving scuttles, to the wife. Oh boy did she deliver.

She found a maker on etsy (Karens Pottery) that did a fantastic job. This thing is massive and well constructed. She siad that she chose the sun pattern for the interior of the bowl because "you are my sunshine" (awwwwww :love: ). Can't wait to get in a shave with it. Looks like I'll be stuck on croaps and creams for a minute.

20201022_182302.jpg

20201022_183337.jpg

Wow, very nice @OpusX ! She definitely delivered on that one. Awesome.

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

Looks like I'll be stuck on croaps and creams for a minute.
You know, it is possible to load off a hard puck, and still build lather in a scuttle, right?

Congrats Brother! On the anniversary AND the scuttle! Looks great.

You're a lucky man! Congratulations on the lovely lady!

Let us know how the scuttle works for you, I've had mixed results, but they have their place.

PS. Did you intentionally photo bomb your scuttle with your Seaforth mug, in order to induce a sense of jealousy in my heart???? If so, it worked lol..

Let us know how the scuttle works for you, I've had mixed results, but they have their place.
So far the first shave was quite nice. The scuttle did what I wanted and keep my bush and lather warm. Also as expected it dried the lather a bit, so dipping the brush tips for a touch of water brought things back to extra slick. Many more usages shall follow.

So far the first shave was quite nice. The scuttle did what I wanted and keep my bush and lather warm. Also as expected it dried the lather a bit, so dipping the brush tips for a touch of water brought things back to extra slick. Many more usages shall follow.
The drying of lather particularly affects the traditional English shaving soaps, so I avoid using them with the scuttle. For me it starts to snow as the lather becomes airborne lol. They work great for most creams and tallow based soaps.

Again, Congrats on the wonderful lady!

Back