The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Terror

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Anyone else watching this on AMC? I have been recording this and finally the wife and I sat down last night and started watching it. Watched the first five episodes and I am VERY impressed. It really has incredible acting a story line that builds in a subtle way, yet really draws you in to what is happening.

It has some incredible actors that headline such as Ciaran Hinds, Jarred Harris, and Tobias Menzies. But the supporting roles are just as talented it seems. A lot of Character depth and a really compelling story. Having Ridley Scott as an Executive Producer can't hurt either I guess.

I swore off AMC shows after about the forth or fifth season of The Walking Dead...SO MANY COMMERCIAL BREAKS! But I think AMC may have renewed my interest in their shows again. What say ye, wise ones of the Cadre!

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_terror/s01/

Alas, I don’t have TV. If it comes to Netflix I’ll watch.

Sounds interesting. I will need to keep an eye out

My wife is really into it. Evidently the show is based off of a book. And evidently the main characters were actual historical figures. But all in all, it's a pretty great show.

I have all the episodes on DVR, waiting to make time for SWMBO and I to sit down and watch. I heard about it a few months before it premiered, and all of the Game of Thrones acting connections caught my attention.

I have all the episodes on DVR, waiting to make time for SWMBO and I to sit down and watch. I heard about it a few months before it premiered, and all of the Game of Thrones acting connections caught my attention.

Definitely find time to watch it! Seriously, the acting in this show is incredible. If someone on it doesn't at least get nominated for an award...in something...then something is wrong. I am all caught up on the season and the last night's episode did not disappoint. Each episode really builds on the tension of the last. I HIGHLY recommend this show.

Back