The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Stuff Nightmares Are Made of

So more pics of the razor in action for those who haven't seen it before. You simply turn the head to the side, pull out the lever at the bottom, push it back up, and it pushes out the old blade and puts a new one in. Pretty cool considering these were some of Schick's first razor designs.

I enjoyed the shave. The angle can be awkward, but once you get it down, it's surprisingly smooth. Not only is the head design so different than that of more modern Schick injectors, but this thing weighs 3oz! Allowing the weight of the razor to assist in the shave really makes this razor...dare I say...more efficient? :geek: The only beef I had with the shave is the upstroke on the lower neck area. Which of course would be remedied with more usage.

I would say this razor is for people who enjoy taking their time with things. Loading the cartridge takes time. The loading mechanism is very cool, but bending the head sideways while loaded is tricky. Learning the shave will take time but I believe it's worth it. My favorite thing about this razor is the way it looks. I love it's "art deco" style and that cold silver plating is striking. It's going to be hard to let her go.

20200102_144937.jpg20200102_144951.jpg20200102_145003.jpg20200102_145004.jpg

You simply turn the head to the side, pull out the lever at the bottom, push it back up, and it pushes out the old blade and puts a new one in. Pretty cool considering these were some of Schick's first razor designs.
Ah, Iā€™d always wondered why it was caller the ā€œrepeaterā€ but never saw it explained. Thanks, I think that answers it!

Itā€™s a great specimen!

Back