The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Shaving Disciple (a.k.a. gwsmallwood's shaving videos)

Nice job Garrett! You’re very comfortable in your shave and technique, and it shows!

I like the idea of someone doing, sort of, financial pointers!

As far as suggestions - I think that most of the elements you had were just fine (camera angle was good, pace of speech, background, etc.). I think the only thing you really might want to add in is some sort of recognizable intro to each video and some kind of exit sequence to the video. The words on your SOTD opening were a bit hard to read, viewing with my phone.

Nice job Garrett! You’re very comfortable in your shave and technique, and it shows!

I like the idea of someone doing, sort of, financial pointers!

As far as suggestions - I think that most of the elements you had were just fine (camera angle was good, pace of speech, background, etc.). I think the only thing you really might want to add in is some sort of recognizable intro to each video and some kind of exit sequence to the video. The words on your SOTD opening were a bit hard to read, viewing with my phone.
Thanks for watching and for the suggestion. I'll look into adding something in the future.

Really nice video! I havent watched one in a while. Interesting thoughts about what to do and what you do.

i was thinking about what you said “what would i say if i was those other youtubers” and found it interesting that i realized i enjoy the lighting and silence or background noise/music i might play. not sure if its the safety razor vs straight that had me thinking about it as you said it. Often i shave with another person like my 11 yo kid brushing her teeth next to me, and we talk, but more often i am by myself.

I did notice that your post shave part audio had some noise that you might address for the future but overall it was pretty quality. Nice job!

You didnt mention exactly why the pressures on the cotton ball was so much but i surmised it might be to clear out the pores of soap residue? Maybe 🤔 maybe not.

Really nice video! I havent watched one in a while. Interesting thoughts about what to do and what you do.

i was thinking about what you said “what would i say if i was those other youtubers” and found it interesting that i realized i enjoy the lighting and silence or background noise/music i might play. not sure if its the safety razor vs straight that had me thinking about it as you said it. Often i shave with another person like my 11 yo kid brushing her teeth next to me, and we talk, but more often i am by myself.

I did notice that your post shave part audio had some noise that you might address for the future but overall it was pretty quality. Nice job!

You didnt mention exactly why the pressures on the cotton ball was so much but i surmised it might be to clear out the pores of soap residue? Maybe 🤔 maybe not.
I realized as I was editing that I left the fan on for the post shave. I'll definitely fix that moving forward. I was thinking I would talk more about my personal routine in the next video.

Well Garrett, It is about time, as long as I have known you I and a very nice introduction to your videos. so glad you are spending more time over here and see you more involved since the AZ Group over at B&B. I have PM'd you some suggestions as well,

Great unboxing! Quite the haul! I agree...Stirling has some really solid products and excellent value.

Nice intro and outtro! Clean, recognizable!

Back