The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Owner Announcement The Shaving Cadre Turns 6!

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Well all it is time once again to reflect on what TSC has done for you. Today marks our 6 year anniversary!

The cadre for me has introduced me to some new lifelong friends, provided solace at the beginning of the pandemic, and introduced us to a new way with interacting with people on a social forum.

The cadre is a big part of my life and I am eternally grateful for the relationships I have built here as well as the brotherhood built with my two partners @BarberDave and @CBLindsay

Post below what the Cadre has provided for you?

Who could have guessed that we could have come this far, and that words would fail when trying to express my thoughts.

Happy Birthday to Us!

image.jpg

My wallet is staying put. Right where it is. Happy Birthday Cadre. I’ll Down a cold one at dinner tonight.
9eb4111055fb397e9b971ec5b178678b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@CVargo always has a way to say it better than I could, so I'll start by echoing his words. I'll add that at the time the forum was "born" there were a LOT of other significant events occuring in my life (some very good others very bad) and the forum was a great place to be or escape to during it all. I will also acknowledge that it was the forum members who pushed me to start CBL Soap as a "real" business and the TSC has been a MAJOR part of CBL Soap's success ever since.

Provided me??? It has sucked my retirement funds to pay for fountain pens, scotch, watches, brushes, soap, cigars...oh, that was just Dave. The rest of you guys are cool. ❤️
And there is so much more draining to come, and not in the way you think sicko

I have found some great friends on here....no, that's not the correct term......I've found some great Brothers on here. Starting first with:

KJ ( @Spider ) ....most generous dude I've ever met. I'd charge into battle with you....granted I'm not talking about an armed battle with explosions and such...just a battle of wills against a pizza and adult beverages. I thank you for being the first to expand my shaving gear out of its monolithic state.

@BarberDave ......you are the bossman....and you are the best. You put up with my nonsense and play along with my odd sense of humor....and you only threaten me occasionally...plus, you're also generous to a fault. I'd ride the range with you, cowboy.

@CVargo ....dude....we're going to some hockey!!!! Its always great when you find a Brother that likes the same team as you. Its gonna be awesome. I've found you to have just as twisted of a sense of humor as I do.....I'm constantly reduced to giggling fits over the stuff you post (and the stuff you can't post) everyday.

@NurseDave ...Bougie!!! I have delighted in being silly with you on this here forum....and in person. I can't imagine how a medical professional from the Bay area and a drafting guy from Las Vegas would have ever crossed paths....but I'm glad we did.

Thank you Cadre for bringing these (and plenty of others) into my world. This entire forum is such a wonderful place and the people in it are the best.

Happy Birthday, Cadre!!!

Last edited:
What has the TSC done for me?
It's given me a place to show off my tinkering attempts. A place to get brush envy. The answer to where all the straight razors went in the wild. @Luecke3262
But most importantly it has given me quite a few friends that have been there for me when I needed it, and still put up with my slacking in keeping in contact with them.
You guys are awesome and I appreciate you more than you know.
Dave Chad and Chris, thank you for this wonderful place.

Happy Birthday to the Cadre.
Even though I don't post as much as others. Not even close ha ha, I have the pleasure to meet some of the nicest people.
One thing I look forward to each year is the Christmas exchange.
And of course can not wait for our 2nd meet up. If it is 1/2 as good as the last one it will be fantastic again.
20240317_133536.jpg20240317_133531.jpg

Back