The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The NOPE Thread (cracked, chipped, rusted through, or broken)

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
Everyone has seen an eBay or Etsy listing for a straight razor listed in great condition which has a pretty obvious flaw, such as covered in thick rust, chips, cracks, broken completely, or honed out to death…

Well this is the place to share the hilariousness of those listings!

Up for your consideration, the Invincible Razor:
1D0788A4-0296-4B8A-8247-6EC7C778EF57.jpeg

Got a Temperite that had pieces of scale with it. Guess it splintered like this. Fortunately, it hadn't been gassing off so the blade was fine.
Yes, I’ve experienced this with Temprite razors too, but primarily those scales shrink!!! I had one that shrank the wedge pin right into the toe of the razor. So much so that it left a divot on the toe and bent the blade!

Yes, I’ve experienced this with Temprite razors too, but primarily those scales shrink!!! I had one that shrank the wedge pin right into the toe of the razor. So much so that it left a divot on the toe and bent the blade!
Yeah, I know one guy that tried to replicate Temperite scales by making a mold, but he couldn't get them quite hard enough. Most Temperites I have seen listed had shrunken scales to some degree. I would love to find a clear scale material and see if someone could replicate the Temperite logo...someday. :/

Yeah, I know one guy that tried to replicate Temperite scales by making a mold, but he couldn't get them quite hard enough. Most Temperites I have seen listed had shrunken scales to some degree. I would love to find a clear scale material and see if someone could replicate the Temperite logo...someday. :/
Believe it or not, I'm in the process of figuring that out for a set of Red Imp scales. If it will work, who knows? My mother has picked up a very nice laser engraving machine for her hobby projects. We were going to give a try at producing a logo on several different blanks in the next few weeks/months to see if we can produce something serviceable. I'll let you know how it goes!

Believe it or not, I'm in the process of figuring that out for a set of Red Imp scales. If it will work, who knows? My mother has picked up a very nice laser engraving machine for her hobby projects. We were going to give a try at producing a logo on several different blanks in the next few weeks/months to see if we can produce something serviceable. I'll let you know how it goes!
Sounds good!

Back