The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The New Ti Glide from Titaner and your thoughts

Fuzzyduck

Shave Newbie
Came across this Razor on pre-registration for a dollar. Was intrigued and would love to know everyone's thoughts on this. I've included
a few pics.

TI Glide.jpg

Ti Glide 2.jpg

Ti Glide 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesnt look sturdy. Looks like a telescopic magnet for dropped bolts. Kind of odd the dollar gets you a discount off an unlisted price. JMHO

I'd be interested in trying it. What's odd is it looks like the width of the head could accommodate a full blade.

I'd be interested in trying it. What's odd is it looks like the width of the head could accommodate a full blade.
There wouldn't be room as the head is held on by the magnets in the back. (Put your hardhat on and you'd see that.:p )
That is a big reason I don't think I'd be interested. From the wave in the blade it doesn't look to me like it is going to hold that half blade securely.

There wouldn't be room as the head is held on by the magnets in the back. (Put your hardhat on and you'd see that.:p )
That is a big reason I don't think I'd be interested. From the wave in the blade it doesn't look to me like it is going to hold that half blade securely.
Dude. Yes, I see it’s not engineered to take one. Just saying it’s big enough they COULD have. Welcome back ya thug!

Anything using a half DE blade is a no go for me. It looks fancy and new fangled to me but if the design calls for a single edge I prefer a more ridged blade. For example, feather makes a blade that fits in most of the vintage autostrop razors that would work well with a head that size and shape and is a bit more ridged than a half de blade.

Dude. Yes, I see it’s not engineered to take one. Just saying it’s big enough they COULD have. Welcome back ya thug!
Just checking. I know you like to just go "oohh, shiny" sometimes. :p
And I'm here a bit, just haven't been posting a lot. I still see the trouble you cause. :LOL:

Thanks for your views lads. My concern too was how secure would a Tool like this be? So many new designs and concepts coming out nowadays though and to think that once, Gillette ruled the world.

Back