The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The Mystery Traveling Box

I know everyone is eager to see what Flat Spider has been up to. I work in a controlled information area on a government installation, so getting photos of Flat Spider joining me at work has been tricky.

Here he is helping me get some coffee:

FlatSpider.png

This his him hanging out by the knick-nacks on my desk:

FlatSpider.png

And he really had some fun meeting all of the project team during our afternoon meeting!

FlatSpider.png

All this fun has worn him out so I may take him out for beers and trivia this evening if SWMBO is up for it.

Exactly correct. It was a joke because cameras are prohibited here inside the controlled area.

Maybe I should have posted it like this:

View attachment 6607
Don, Don, Don.....
You’d think being a military guy, he would have gotten it.....

Okay, Okay, Okay...I was wondering of this was a joke or not. Hey, to be fair...nope...got nothing. And like Dave said above...I was lacking my 8th cup of coffee.

Flat Spider joined me and SWMBO for a nice evening yesterday! Happy hour beers and team trivia at the pizza place around the corner from our house.

Spider 1.png

Of course we had to make sure Spider had a beer all to himself. SWMBO commented that he looked like the type to enjoy fruit in his beer, so...

Spider 2.png

I mentioned to SWMBO that Spider likes hot peppers, so when my Dragon Tso (ghost pepper) boneless wings came out. SWMBO insisted that we share.

Spider 3.png

Of course now Flat Spider was an official member of our trivia team, Dumpster Kitty.

Spider 4.png

Apparently he's really good at trivia, because together we pulled out the win with 77 out of a possible 90 points! Second place team finished with 61, so it was a blowout. And yes, there were more than two teams playing! (8 if I remember correctly, so there was some competition). Too bad he won't be here next week to help us spend our winnings.

Spider 5.png

And by a staggeringly improbable coincidence, Dumpster Kitty was also the name of Flat Spider’s short lived punk rock band!

NO WAY!!! SWMBO and I always joked that Dumpster Kitty would make a great band name. That's why we chose it for our trivia team, LOL. I will have to take some photos of Flat Spider with the eponymous dumpster kitty who shares our home.

Having actually had a beer with the real Spider, I can tell you that glass is much too small.

wade-beckett-giant-beer.jpg

Back