The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The King

it's got a nice simplicity to it. Looking forward to your thoughts

It was the only thing I found that wasn’t a common Gillette or GEM/E-R. I’m excited to get it home, clean it up, and try it out.

And yes, @uacowboy it is really simple, and I hope it works with modern blades. I may need to despine one, but that's easy if needed.

It was the only thing I found that wasn’t a common Gillette or GEM/E-R. I’m excited to get it home, clean it up, and try it out.

And yes, @uacowboy it is really simple, and I hope it works with modern blades. I may need to despine one, but that's easy if needed.
Gem blades you think ? VERY cool looking and name !!

No, I just got home last night from travel. Will get to it this weekend.
Was just curious what you thought of it.. Sorry. I tried to look up info on that razor but couldnt find any. I might have looked wrong though.

So, I tried to load this razor up with a GEM blade, both with and without the spine..... no dice. It's meant to take a wedge blade, so there's little chance that I'll be able to use this razor.

I don't think so. I actually can't figure out how it works to begin with. The spine is too thick for the cap to close on it, but a wedge blade would be much thicker.... And when I took the spine off, the blade was too short and just slid around. It perplexes me.

I don't think so. I actually can't figure out how it works to begin with. The spine is too thick for the cap to close on it, but a wedge blade would be much thicker.... And when I took the spine off, the blade was too short and just slid around. It perplexes me.
Could you do similar to how people do with the enders using a dull ?shortened? wedge blade as a shim and another good blade on top or under that? Does that make any sense? It did to me as i typed it but reading it i dont know.?

I doubt it. But I'd need to find a wedge blade that fit it to begin with..... and if I had a wedge blade that fit it, I'd just hone that wedge and use it.

these people have an oscillating version for sale maybe they would know where to get blades.....https://www.etsy.com/shop/BackRoadsGold?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=713145401

and here

and this is someone from another forum who had a similar razor on another forum...

Last edited:
Back